The senior of the 3 Armed Forces, the Royal Navy has a long and proud history with the origins of its current structures dating back nearly 500 years, its unique combination of land, air and sea capabilities are merged into a single fighting force which is recognised and respected worldwide. Every day of the year, the ships, aircraft and submarines of the Royal Navy are hard at work defending the UK's interests and acting as a force for good, supported in specialist amphibious assaults by the Royal Marines.
The current HMS Illustrious was laid down in Swan Hunters Ship Builders Yard on the Tyne on 7th October 1976. She has participated in most major UK and NATO campaigns over the last 15 years; including the First Gulf War, the Sierra Leone Evacuations and the war in Afghanistan in 2001. After this period of hectic activity, in October 2002, HMS Illustrious undertook a 104 week refit in Rosyth Dockyard Scotland at a total cost of Â£118 million. The Ship is due to remain in service until 2016, when she will be replaced by the aircraft carriers Queen Elizabeth II and Prince of Wales.Product details;
- Code: A50059
- Scale: 1:350
- Length: 603.5mm
- Width: 140.5mm
- Pieces: 276
Trafalgar Class Submarine
The Fleet Submarines of the Trafalgar Class are extremely sophisticated, deep diving, high-speed submarines, capable of fulfilling a range of maritime tasks undreamed of by the strategists of previous generations. Their most important role is to seek out and destroy other submarines that may pose a threat to any friendly force of which they have an unrivalled capability.Product details;
- Code: A50021
- Scale: 1:350
- Length: 245mm
- Width: 28mm
- Pieces: 41
100 Years of Naval Aviation Collection
2009 marked the Centenary Year of Naval Aviation. It was on 7th May 1909 that the Admiralty first set aside Â£35,000 for the development of an airship, beginning a process that was to lead to the formation of the Fleet Air Arm as we know it today. The five aircraft included in this collection are representative of some of the key events, actions and heroic deeds of the Fleet Air Arm during the history of the service.Product details;
- Code: A50105
- Scale: 1:72
- Sopwith Pup
- Fairey Swordfish
- Vought Corsair
- Westland Lynx
- Harrier GR7
This year the Airfix range of Royal Navy products has increased to nine products, all of which are either already available or are available to sign up to receive a stock notification email.
- Trafalgar Class Submarine Gift Set (A50021) £14.99
- Arguably the most important role of the submarine, the Trafalgar class has an unrivalled capability to seek out and des...
- Sea Harrier FA2 Gift Set (A50017) £17.99
- The Sea Harrier FA2 served with great distinction over Bosnia, flying from the Royal Navy's aircraft carriers. This gif...
- Westland Sea King HAR.5 (A50113) £17.99
- The Fleet Air Arm also provide Search and Rescue cover to large sections of the United Kingdom coastline, 24 hours a day...
- Fairey Swordfish MkI Gift Set (A50133) £17.99
- At 19:25 on May 26th 1941, the Ark Royal launched its Fairey Swordfish torpedo bombers for an attack on the German battl...
- HMS Ark Royal Gift Set (A50070) £19.99
- Arguably the best known name throughout the Royal, Navy’s history, this is the “Ark” that served with great distinction...
- Westland Lynx HMA.8 Gift Set (A50112) £36.99
- The Lynx is a fast, agile and versatile helicopter that has seen over 30 years service with the Royal Navy. It is also...
- Type 45 Destroyer (A12203) £49.99
- The Royal Navy's new destroyer, the Type 45 has the most distinctive design. Her sleekly designed straight edges and su...
- HMS Daring Type 45 Destroyer Gift Set (A50132) £59.99
- HMS Daring, the Type 45 air defence destroyer was the first of the Type 45s to fly the white ensign since she was formal...
- HMS Illustrious Gift Set (A50059) £59.99
- Illustrious is an impressive 209m long, with a beam of 36m and a displacement of 22,000 tonnes. She has 1400 compartmen...
- BAe Sea Harrier FRS1 Gift Set (A50010) £79.99
- The BAE Sea Harrier FRS1 was a navalised fighter version of the original Royal Air Force’s Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR3,...