Gloster Meteor F8 1:48
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Historically, the Gloster Meteor was Britain’s first jet fighter and the only Allied jet aircraft to see service during the Second World War. The F.8 variant of the Meteor was perhaps the definitive incarnation of this famous aircraft and was the main RAF fighter throughout the 1950’s, until superseded by the Hawker Hunter.
As the first jet aircraft to see service with the Royal Air Force, the Gloster Meteor will always be seen as historically important. A stable and reliable aircraft, the Meteor soon became outclassed as an air superiority fighter, but the effectiveness of the basic design allowed the aircraft to be used in a variety of other roles.
In combat with MiG 15 fighters over Korea, Royal Australian Air Force Meteors were found to be severely lacking as dogfighters and were to suffer at the hands of this diminutive Soviet fighter. It was quickly relegated to ground attack duties, where it proved to be extremely effective.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||165|
|Dimensions (mm)||L287 x W236|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
This kit is easily not just the best Airfix kit but, one of the best kits I've ever built. The detail is just enough; great OOB or just enough for a jumping off point for the advanced modeler (I myself detailed the empty engine bay among other things). There are some very slight fit issues with the two-piece nosecone but, other than that the fit was nearly perfect with almost no filler being used.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme. Please note - Humbrol products can only be shipped to UK