Fairey Swordfish Mk.I 1:72
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The Royal Navy's primary torpedo bomber of the Second World War, the Swordfish, despite its obsolescence, proved to be an effective anti-submarine and torpedo bomber right up until the end of hostilities in 1945, going on in fact to outlive its intended replacement, the Albacore, in Royal Navy Service. Involved in such famous actions as the Taranto raid, the Bismark operation and the Channel Dash, the vulnerable but effective Swordfish firmly cemented its place in aviation folklore.Speed: 139mph;range: 546 miles; length: 10.87m; wingspan: 13.87m; armament: 2 x .303 MG, 1 x 1,670lb torpedo or 1,500lb bombs under fuselage and wings.
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Despite looking as if it were from a previous era of flight, the Fairey Swordfish was one of the most effective naval strike aircraft of WWII. Operating against some of the largest and most advanced warships in the world, these slow but highly manoeuvrable aircraft were flown by heroes and are the pride of the Fleet Air Arm.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||125|
|Dimensions (mm)||L154 x W193|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme. Please note - Humbrol products can only be shipped to UK