1/72 Stuka R-2 (from Dogfight Doubles set)

Berkohoop

Being a veteran of 100's of Airfix kits over the years, I must admit I've hit a wall with this one - it could be me but I've checked the model and the instructions several times.

It relates to steps 16 and 17 - the cowling and more specifically sprue F and parts F05 and F04.

The actual kit parts are different from those illustrated in the instructions, to the extent that they are nowhere near thr right shape to facilitate successful construction of the cowling.

A picture is shown below - has anyone else come across this or, as mentioned above, is it me?

As you can see, the profile of the nearest panel is totally different from the other (and I know the picture is upside down!). Help!!!!/media/tinymce_upload/bfc20948a22476076370dd89cdd16003.JPG

Hi. Those cowling parts are not fully molded,  previous poster Paul is spot on, your only option would be to contact Airfix spare parts and see if you could obtain replacements. I haven't encountered this myself, but somewhere else on the forum,  another member had a Dornier kit that had a similar problem. Unfortunately it happens from time to time. 

Archived