SMorris C8 FAT (Quad) 1:76

Tomek22

167 posts

Some Pictures from my Quad. 25pdr., limber and figures waiting to be painted.

Paws4thot

1212 posts

Nice job. What medium did you use for the windows?

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Heather Kay

260 posts

That's a very tidy model. I wish I was as neat as that!

A professional modeller of railway subjects, and a reborn Airfix fan. Definitely into combat aircraft in service on all sides in the summer of 1940, but known to occasionally veer off into other interesting things!

Tomek22

167 posts

Thanks! I use Airfix Clear fix for the windows.

@Heather: WinkCool

jopres57

107 posts

That’s a really good effort Tomek; of a kit that was always one of my favourites. It's really good to hear of its imminent re-release. The cab is fairly spacious, and I just wondered what colour you painted it. I've only ever seen a real one of these once, at a military museum in North Wales about twenty-five years ago. I was surprised to see this particular vehicle was painted silver inside, a colour I had only seen before on the interior of AFV's. I don't know whether this was done for accuracy or artistic licence! Does anyone have any accurate information on this?

Paws4thot

1212 posts

@Tomek - Cheers; I thought those might be Clearfix.

@jopres - Lots of military vehicles are painted silver (or white) inside because that makes it easier to trace fluid leaks. I don't have a specific reference for the Quad though.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Patrick Camilleri

509 posts

Community Moderator

Very nice indeed ........hurry up with the rest of it!

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product