SWilly’s Jeep

Dad Paul B

393 posts

There is a small hole on the passenger side of the bonnet which takes a small mounting piece (can't remember the number though I think it is in my spares box) which carries the LMGs. Extra storage would come from either aftermarket of a different runner without the 75 mm howitzer.

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

Paul Brown

787 posts

Community Moderator

Doing a bit of surfing, it would seem that SAS/LRDG Jeeps were fitted with brackets on the bonnet to fasten webbing for stowage, usually jerrycans.

Ah that makes sense, so if it was only the SAS or LRDG that used it then it would be factually incorrect to use it in a sea assault kit where obviously the SAS wouldn’t be present nor the LRDG. So in Other words I have used the correct, plain bonnet.

probably means they’ll add one as a part of a desert assault group then as there has already been the airborne Jeep kit so an SAS kit would be rather similar to that airborne kit. And to what I’m aware of there isn’t yet a kit with the Willy’s Jeep that’s in a desert setting. I remember there was a Land Rover desert kit with a few figures etc but perhaps they will release a Willy’s Jeep version obvioudly set around 1940’s

Paul Brown

787 posts

Community Moderator

@flaming snipers

And to what I’m aware of there isn’t yet a kit with the Willy’s Jeep that’s in a desert setting

There was the Matchbox 1/76 LRDG set. They provide bonnet stowage for the Jeep, but no detail on the bonnet only straps on the stowage. Also you need to modify the rad grille (the box art is correct, the plastic isn't).

Paws4thot

1238 posts

And Airfix have done Landies (1/72 series 2 SWB hard-top with the Bloodhound missile) and I'm pretty sure an LWB Coilie (or Wolf), but not an SAS special that I can remember.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product