SNew Member Introductions

Kitmick

3 posts

Hi my name is Mike and been in to models all my life, now 45. I fly rc some examples are P40 B 60" wing and Ju87 Stuka 100" wing. Just returned back to the plastic kits and have buying a few old ww2 aircraft kits that one could not afford as a teen as well as newer Airfix kits. At some point the building will start.

Ossian

82 posts

Welcome, Mike

If allowed by the forum rules, it would be very nice to see some pics of your big RC planes - I reckon the Stuka is about 8 foot wingspan, so about 1/6th scale?

Do you mean you are supposed to build kits as well as just buy them?   I knew I was doing something wrong!

Kitmick

3 posts

Thanks for the welcome. You mean you build them!!!. Yes I'd be happy to post some rc photos if allowed. Well my stash is at 45 kits now with about ten on the want list. 

John Symmons

896 posts

Hi Mike.

Welcome to the forum, like-wise I'd alsao love to see some pics of you R/C kites. You could always post pics of an Airfix build; ie Stuka B2, and inadvertantly post the bigger brother and then be unable to delete the pic, or some such excuse. 

Remember we do this for fun                           John the Pom

GNR-Gordon-4

260 posts

Welcome to the Airfix Forum, Kitmick. Smile

GNR-Gordon-4

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Being a 60 something I have been modelling now, off and on, for some 50 years and can still remember when Airfix made their own paints and they came in square glass bottles. I didn't keep any of the bottles, much to my regret, but I do have some of the Airfix tinlets before Humbrol took over.As for my first kit, it came in a see-through bag, (you only got a box with series 2 and above,) and was possibly a Spit.  (By far too long ago to  remember.)My stash is vast and expanding exponentially, and not only with Airfix kits.

Kitmick

3 posts

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I can remember my first kit was a Bf109 in a plastic bag with a cardboard topper by Frog. As for for stash last count was 45 kits. 

John Symmons

896 posts

Hi Colin.

Welcome to the forum. Like yourself I'm also an OAP modeller also started with Airfix, going down to Woolworths with a hot 2/- in my grubby paws looking for a modelling fix. Also my stash is growing bigger no matter how many models I seem to complete, some in the stash date back to those heady 2?- days.

Hoping to see some of your results & hearing about your adventures in the Airfix modelling world. 

Remember we do this for fun                                          John the Pom

GNR-Gordon-4

260 posts

@Kitmick

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I can remember my first kit was a Bf109 in a plastic bag with a cardboard topper by Frog. As for for stash last count was 45 kits. 

You are very welcome, Kitmick. Smile

GNR-Gordon-4

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product