SWhat Did You Make In 2018?

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering what you all built in 2018, here's what I put together, only 10 this year, I'm sure some of you did many more (yes Ratch I'm talking about you);

Airfix Fortress III 1/72

Airfix Phantom FG.1 1/72

Academy Me 163B 1/72

Airfix Red Arrows Hawk T1 1/72

FineMolds Me 410B-2 1/72

Airfix Bf 109E-7 1/48

Airfix Lightning F2 1/48

Airfix Spitfire Vb 1/48

Airfix Beagle Bassett 1/72

Airfix Martlet IV 1/72

Carole03

1 post

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering what you all built in 2018, here's what I put together, only 10 this year, I'm sure some of you did many more (yes Ratch I'm talking about you);

Airfix Fortress III 1/72

Airfix Phantom FG.1 1/72

Academy Me 163B 1/72

Airfix Red Arrows Hawk T1 1/72

FineMolds Me 410B-2 1/72

Airfix Bf 109E-7 1/48

Airfix Lightning F2 1/48

prêt

Airfix Spitfire Vb 1/48

Airfix Beagle Bassett 1/72

Airfix Martlet IV 1/72

I just live and I did it all :)

Patrick Camilleri

515 posts

Community Moderator

Not too much actually.

Airfix Defiant

Airfix P51D

Acadamy Bubbletop P47

Airfix Female Tank

Airfix 88mm gun and tractor

Airfix Pug

Airfix Refrigerated carriage

Frog P51A

and this scratchbuild.

I'm also halfway through another scratchbuild .... this time the Oceanic.

Actually, seeing them listed I'm rather surprised ...... I thought I hadn't built much this year!

Heather Kay

260 posts

Hmm, let’s see...

Airfix 1/72nd

• Fairey Rotodyne
  • Supermarine Spitfire MkIa (1978)
  • Hawker Hurricane MkI (1978)
  • Westland Whirlwind MkI (1978)
  • Handley Page Hamden MkI (I finished it New Year's Day 2018, so I’m counting it!)

Airfix 1/76th

• Scammell Scarab
  • 20 ton Brake Van
  • 10 ton Meat Van
  • 20 ton Prestwin Cement Wagon
  • 20 ton Presflo Cement Wagon

Others 1/72nd

• RS Models Avro C31 Rota MkI
  • Special Hobby Blackburn Roc MkI
  • Matchbox Westland Lysander MkI

Currently on the bench are RS Models Bloch MB.152, Hobby Boss Dewoitine D.520, AZ Model Curtiss 75 Hawk, and Azur Morane-Saulnier MS.406. You might spot a bit of a theme going on there. ;) Of course, in the wings (ha!) I find some new Airfix kits, waiting for time and display space: Wellington, Heinkel He111, Blenheim MkIV, Tiger Moth, old skool Stirling, Fulmar, and for some odd reason 1/48th Defiant and Blenheim kits. 

A professional modeller of railway subjects, and a reborn Airfix fan. Definitely into combat aircraft in service on all sides in the summer of 1940, but known to occasionally veer off into other interesting things!

james_mower

558 posts

Not much and in no particular order:

1/48th Defiant NF.1

1/24th Spitfire VB

1/48th Sea Fury

1/48th Westland Wyvern

1/48th Messerschmitt BF109 E-3

1/72nd Shackleton AEW.2

1/72nd Wellington

1/76th LCM & Sherman

1/76th LCVP

2x GWR Bloater Vans

Started and not finished 1/72nd B-29A & 1/48th Sea Vixen FAW.2.

Would've been more,but for over 100 railway commissions

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was some ###### bringing me another loco!!

T2B

1077 posts

As with most earlier posts I didn't think I'd done many either but counting up in my head would seem to be about 18 models, predominately Airfix! Will check my shelves later when I get home and list them ........

Just started Airfix this year in early November so haven't built much yet. This is what I built in 2018:

-Sopworth Camel

-Supermarine Spitfire Mk1a

-Eurofighter Typhoon

Looking forward to 2019 being a fab year for Airfix.

Why is my landing gear bent and stuck to my thumb?

Ratch

2652 posts

Community Moderator

I made 83 kits - far too many to list.

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

T2B

1077 posts

An impressive total Ratch, that's almost 1 model every 4 days and a half days! But yes too many to list lol!!

Dad Paul B

395 posts

Jet Provost

Phantom FG.1

Hawker Typhoon 1/72

Stuka 1/72

Swift

2019 has already seen me finish off the Westland Wasp (conversion from the Scout) started last year and just need to varnish the Fouga Magister.

Not in the same class as everyone else here.

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product