Hawker Sea Fury FB.II 1:48
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
One of the most capable piston engined fighter aircraft ever produced and the last to enter service with Britain’s Fleet Air Arm, the Hawker Sea Fury represented the pinnacle of piston engined fighter design. Introduced after the end of the Second World War, the Sea Fury would see combat against some of the early jet fighters during the Korean War, where it would perform extremely well.
The development of the Hawker Sea Fury can be traced back to the inadvertent landing of a Focke Wulf FW 190 at an RAF airfield in South Wales back in 1942. The opportunity to evaluate this latest Luftwaffe fighter resulted in requirements being issued for a new British design, which must have the performance to better the Focke Wulf in every phase of flight and ensure the RAF could secure air superiority. The protracted development of the new fighter resulted in a number of specification alterations and the RAF eventually withdrawing their interest, leaving the new aircraft to be produced as a high performance naval fighter. The Hawker Sea Fury was an extremely potent aircraft and handling this powerful machine from the deck of a moving aircraft carrier must have required nerves of steel.
The first deck landing trials commenced in the winter of 1946 and the navy had their ultimate piston engined fighter. Despite the advent of the jet engine, the Sea Fury would remain as the Fleet Air Arms principle single seat fighter until 1953, when it would be replaced by the jet powered Hawker Sea Hawk. The aircraft also saw service with a number of overseas air arms, in a variety of operational roles, including strike fighter, trainer and high speed target towing. As one of the most capable piston engined fighters ever produced, the Sea Fury would also become a popular aircraft in the world of air racing, where the brute power and sheer speed of this magnificent aircraft saw it victorious in countless competitions.
BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
The magnificent Hawker Sea Fury is a thing of aviation beauty – without doubt one of the most handsome aircraft ever to take to the skies. Representing the pinnacle of piston engined fighter design, the Sea Fury was both the last of the great Hawker piston powered fighters and the last piston engined fighter to serve with the Fleet Air Arm.
This thoroughbred fighter occupies a unique position between the very best in piston powered technology and jet powered aircraft which were the future of world aviation and despite a relatively short service period with the Fleet Air Arm, the Sea Fury remains one of the most exciting and capable naval strike fighter aircraft ever produced.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||123|
|Dimensions (mm)||L231 x W244|
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme. Please note - Humbrol products can only be shipped to UK