Junkers Ju87B-2/R-2 Stuka 1:72
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
The rugged and effective Junkers Ju87B Stuka was designed specifically to be a highly effective airborne artillery piece, capable of supporting fast moving ground units by destroying strategic targets that stood in their way. Well built and extremely rugged in operation, these dive bombers became some of the most recognisable aircraft of the Second World War.
One of the most instantly recognisable aircraft from the Second World War, the Junkers Ju-87 Stuka was an inverted gull-winged dive-bomber and ground attack aircraft, which first flew in 1935. With a two man crew, up to four machine guns and the ability to carry 1800kg of bombs, the Stuka was rather a large aeroplane to be powered by a single V-12 Junkers Jumo engine and indeed the Stuka actually weighed over four tonnes. As a result of this, the aircraft was rather slow and suffered from poor manoeuvrability and very much relied on either close fighter support, or almost complete air superiority for its effective use.
When it was operated in favourable conditions, it was a devastatingly effective weapon, being both accurate and extremely reliable. During the first few months of WWII, the Stuka was unparalleled as a strategic strike weapon and was the spearhead of Blitzkrieg – the Battle of Britain proved to be something of a rude awakening for the all-conquering Stuka crews of the Luftwaffe.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||110|
|Dimensions (mm)||L152 x W192|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
This kit is a wonder to put together. Everything fits as it should, no tough fits at all. Very small amounts of filler used to clean up some gaps but nothing that worth mentioning. Instructions are very clear from start to end. Crisp details, no flash and a beautiful updated tooling from the B1 released last year. The only thing I added to mine/used was the Eduard canopy mask for that very difficult canopy structure. Two lovely decal schemes with the famous 6./Sturmzkampfgeschwader 2 "Snake" scheme and a lovely Italian scheme with the options of a captured British option too! All round, brilliant kit!
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme. Please note - Humbrol products can only be shipped to UK