Messerschmitt Me262A-1A Schwalbe 1:72
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Described by famous British test pilot Eric ‘Winkle’ Brown as the most formidable aircraft of WWII, the Messerschmitt Me 262 was a quantum leap in aviation performance terms and stands as one of the most significant aircraft in the history of flight. Had the Luftwaffe been able to deploy large numbers of these impressive fighters, they would have taken a heavy toll of Allied aircraft.
Allied pilots first began reporting the appearance of a strange new aircraft in the skies above Germany during the middle of 1944, much to the consternation of Allied military planners. The aircraft was reported to be capable of tremendous speed, far in excess of even the latest Allied fighters, yet did not appear to have a propeller – as these early contacts ended with the strange aircraft diving away at high speed, missions were launched specifically to investigate these reports, with reconnaissance aircraft searching for unusual activity at Luftwaffe airfields deep into Germany.
They would not have to wait long for confirmation, as the first combat missions of the new Messerschmitt Me 262 jet fighter were mounted in August 1944 and clearly displayed the technological superiority of this astonishing aircraft. Heavily armed and capable of speeds far in excess of the best Allied fighters, military planners must have been fearful of the devastation these new aircraft could wreak on their bombing offensive and their continued air supremacy. How many of these fighters did the Luftwaffe have and how could they be stopped? Mercilessly hunting the new German jets was now of critical importance to the war effort.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||65|
|Dimensions (mm)||L148 x W174|
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme. Please note - Humbrol products can only be shipped to UK