Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Few aircraft in the history of aerial warfare can boast the impact and combat credentials of the Grumman F6F Hellcat, one of the finest fighting machines ever to take to the skies. A product of the already successful Grumman ‘Ironworks’, the company’s design philosophy was only to produce aircraft which were easy to manufacture and maintain and must be reliable in a combat situation. Importantly, it must be an effective combat aircraft and able to be mastered by the average wartime pilot following a standard conversion period. This no nonsense approach ensured that the Hellcat was ready to fight and available in some numbers when they eventually reached US Navy units in 1943.
• Over 600 parts
• Can be built with wings open or folded
• Includes full cockpit detail with open or closed canopy options
• Complete fully detailed radial engine, engine mount and all ancillaries
• Separate engine cowling and forward fuselage panels
• Detailed undercarriage, undercarriage bays and arrestor hook with options to build with wheels up or down
• Fully detailed gun bays with complete machine guns and ammunition trays
• Can be built with closed or extended landing flaps
• Poseable control surfaces and trim tabs
• Realistic surface detailing showing rivets, fasteners and rippled ‘stressed skin’
• Drop tanks (2 types), 250Ib and 500Ib bombs and rockets all included
• Includes a choice of four decal schemes
Grumman Martlet Mk.IV and Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat are trademarks of Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
The aviation credentials of the Grumman Hellcat are without equal and mark this rugged naval fighter as one of the most effective combat aircraft in the history of flight. The perfect combination of speed, firepower and durability, the Hellcat was the right aircraft at the right time, ruling the skies over the Pacific Theatre and becoming the mount of aces. Boasting a combat success ratio of 19 to 1, the Hellcat proved to be the scourge of Japan’s air forces.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||572|
|Dimensions (mm)||L424 x W 543 x H139|