Supermarine Spitfire MkVb Messerschmitt Bf109E Dogfight Doubles Gift Set 1:48
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a pre-order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my pre-order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product, please note that this date can change due to changes in manufacturing and shipping schedules. These dates are updated monthly, keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders for the latest estimated arrival date. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed.
What happens if the price of my item changes while on pre-order? If the price of your pre-order item changes after you have placed your order, we will only ever charge you the lowest price between time of ordering and when the item comes into stock and is despatched to you. For example, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently increased, you will still be charged the original price. However, if you pre-order an item and the price is subsequently decreased, you will be charged the lower price.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged when the items are in-stock and ready to be despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my pre-order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 01843 233525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I pay by PayPal for a pre-order? Yes you can.
- How many items can I pre-order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- How do delivery charges apply to pre-orders? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock and will therefore incur delivery charges where applicable. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my pre-order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my pre-order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take pre-orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our pre-orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your pre-order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a £10 gift voucher to spend on the website.
- Can I make a pre-order by post or telephone? Yes you can, but payment must be with a credit/debit card. Please call our Customer Care team on 01843 233525 or email@example.com
- Can I use a Club or discount code on pre-orders? Yes you can.
FREE UK Delivery when you spend over £30.
Please allow up to 3 working days for UK delivery following the day you placed your order.
* Club membership packages do not count towards free delivery thresholds
Europe - 3-5 days
Rest of World - 5-10 days
We also offer FREE delivery to selected international destinations
Between June 1940 and November 1942 the small but strategically important island of Malta, situated in the Mediterranean Sea, became the most heavily bombed place on earth when first Italian and then German bombers attempted to force the island to surrender.
Merchant shipping convoys were also attacked in an attempt to prevent the island being re-supplied with food and military equipment. Initially Malta’s only defending fighter aircraft were outdated Gloster Gladiators and then Hawker Hurricanes but at the height of the battle, cannon armed and tropicalized Spitfire Mk.Vbs were used to intercept the German Junkers Ju88 and Ju87 Stuka dive bombers which were escorted by Messerschmitt Bf109Es. It became a struggle that was in some ways similar to the Battle of Britain. Eventually at the end of 1942, the war in North Africa had been won by the Allies so Malta was no longer of such important to the Axis powers and the bombing stopped allowing the starving civil population to be re-supplied by sea.
Paint Scheme – Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb, No. 229 Squadron, Royal Air Force, Qrendi, Malta, December 1942 and Messerschmitt Bf109E-7, aircraft flown by Oberleutnant Joachim Muncheberg, 7./JG26 “Schlageter”, Gela, Sicily, Spring 1941.
• 10 x Acrylic Paints
• 2 x Brushes
• 2 x Poly Cement
• Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vb: L195 x W232 - Pieces 151
• Messerschmitt Bf109E-7: L183 x W205 - Pieces 107
Airfix Gift Sets are ideal for more advanced modellers and include glue, acrylic paints and brushes.
WARNING! For children over 8 years of age only. For use under adult supervision . Poly Cement Adhesive. Product contains butyl acetate which may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual container or insert carefully. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION! Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference. Unassembled, plastic model kit. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts, contains functional sharp edges and/or points. The packaging for them includes a plastic bag. To avoid danger of suffocation keep all plastic bags away from babies and small children. The contents of this set are of mixed origin. Colours and contents may vary from those illustrated. Contains preservatives: Mixture, containing 5-Chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1) & 2 phenoxyethanol. Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
In the skies above the strategically crucial Mediterranean Island of Malta, the Spitfire and Messerschmitt Bf109 continued their combat rivalry, as RAF fighters fought to protect the Island and Axis forces attempted to knock it out of the war. Initial RAF successes against the Italian Air Force resulted in Germany sending Luftwaffe units to theatre, including many battle hardened Bf109 aces from the Battle of Britain.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||258|