COVID-19 UPDATE: Our web shop currently remains open to customers. We are constantly reviewing this in light of government advice and in discussion with our fulfilment partners. However, delays in local delivery may occur which are outside of our control - we apologise in advance for this.

S1/12 4.5Ltr 1930 Bentley Supercharged

Willh5080

2 posts

That's really good model

Keith H

1 post

The 1/12 1930 Blower bentley is due to be re released winter 2020-21 does

anyone know if moulds have been upgraded or changed from the older versions.

The site does not say "retooled" like the other new releases.

The early ones were pretty good but got bad as the mould deteriarated towards 

the end with lots of flash and less plating. what will the new one be. 

Ratch

3715 posts

Community Moderator

It will be the same moulds.

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Hi All

Just joined - got my hands on a 1/12th Bentley kit ready for autumn/winter and/or lockdown.

Am looking to buy the necessary paints/ brushes/adhesives etc to build the kit - any advice on where to source them would like to use correct period product if available

I see there is an electric motor option (previously discussed on here) and wondered if anyone had found a suitable replacement motor as my kit does not have one included.

Thanks for any advice - no doubt will be on here again once I get started

Fiat Lux

Ratch

3715 posts

Community Moderator

Lots of vehicle builders use real car paints (usually in aerosol cans) from Halfords, for an authentic finish.

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

quote;

Hi All

Just joined - got my hands on a 1/12th Bentley kit ready for autumn/winter and/or lockdown.

Am looking to buy the necessary paints/ brushes/adhesives etc to build the kit - any advice on where to source them would like to use correct period product if available

I see there is an electric motor option (previously discussed on here) and wondered if anyone had found a suitable replacement motor as my kit does not have one included.

Thanks for any advice - no doubt will be on here again once I get started

1. just about any regular 1.5 to 3v electric motor will fit. The very old Airfix motor had side thingies on them and they helped hold the motor in place, as well as helping it to run, Go to a Poundland shop and buy a small battery operated hand sized fan, for £1. Take it apart and you get an electric motor, a switch and a battery compartment

2. For paints, go to Halfords and get British Racing Green for a real car, in a spray can. But Humbrol does BRG as no 239 in the paints range, in enamel and acrylic. Brush this or use in an airbrush for finer control spray painting. By the way. British Racing Green was not just one shade of green, but just about any dark green will be ok.

And remember- the fabric body will need to be matt and the rest gloss.

Why is my undercarriage stuck to my thumb?

Paws4thot

1578 posts

I can't remember where, but the actual car Airfix worked from (and include registration plates for) is in a UK museum. Humbrol "Brunswick Green" is about right for the metal areas on it (not the body). Most of the castings are some sort of silver or aluminium shade, but I have at least 8 different tins/bottles of these.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Kerpert67

15 posts

If you Google UR6571, loads of info & photos comes up.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is not putting one in a fruit salad.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

This site uses cookies to provide users with the best experience possible, to find out more about them or how to remove cookies from your browser please view our Privacy Policy Or accept cookies to continue to use the website.
Membership Restricted Product