S1:600 HMS Victory

oldvic123

13 posts

Thanks once again, Patrick.

Well, here is what I've done so far on my new 'mini' Victory build.

1. carefully waterline the hull.

2. cut some ribs into the lower half.

3. plastic card plate with beams for the lower gun-deck.

4. laboriously open up all the gun-ports and remove the 'mush' from the bow ready for a new beak-head. Remove all the external lumps and bumps.

4 and 5. Result of a lot of time scratching away.

The idea is to make a reasonably convincing impression of an 'Admiralty Dockyard Model' in miniature. Don't know when the next instalment will be, but I'll post my progress as and when.

oldvic123

13 posts

Apologise, the photo's appear in reverse order to what I downloaded, but it's clear enough.

Paws4thot

1219 posts

@oldvic123

Apologise, the photo's appear in reverse order to what I downloaded, but it's clear enough.

This is going to be legen...

...dary!

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

oldvic123

13 posts

I'm pleased to say my photo's can now be found on the comunity page customer immages section. So far the only 'ship' contribution to be found there. I'll have to submit my attempts at presenting my humble offerings ie. conversions of the Airfix Hood, Repulse and Warspite, to their original configurations. Not sure wether to add them here or as a new topic. Will do that in the next few days, if I can find them!

spadgent

119 posts

@Paul Brown

I thinking Alex must be a genius, that's a model just over 15.5cm length?!

ive got that model and its more like 10 or less.  anyway, the amount of deatale in that model is stupid

what!! 11 o'clock already! i should realy stop modeling and get to bed.

Hi, Can anybody help me with the scale of the HMS Victory Gift Set.

Cheers 

If it's the small one it's about 1/600

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product