S1/600 scale

MaxGAJ

2 posts

To Airfix themselves I think that all ships should be available in 1/600 scale as it would be nice to have a full fleet of the same scale as the type 45 is only available in 1/350 but most other ships are 1/600.

it would also be nice to have the HMS Queen Elizabeth/Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carrier.

MaxGAJ

2 posts

Alternatively you could make All ships available in 1/350 scale

Paws4thot

1212 posts

Well, the recent "Airfix Classics" releases led to my realising that the one paricipant in the Battle of Denmark Strait that Airfix have never tooled is HMS Prince of Wales.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Ratch

2612 posts

Community Moderator

Isn't PoW identical to KGV - Frog sold KGV as PoW

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Patrick Camilleri

509 posts

Community Moderator

You can still find the KGV around.  Armed with a set of plans I see no reason why one can't built the PoW to 1:600.

Paws4thot

1212 posts

KGV and POW are the same class sure, but it's rare for 2 battleships to not differ in detail.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Ratch

2612 posts

Community Moderator

Well I did have to sand off the nameplate and the degausing cable.

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Patrick Camilleri

509 posts

Community Moderator

KGV and POW are the same class sure, but it's rare for 2 battleships to not differ in detail.

That's why I said "Armed with a set of plans ..."

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product