COVID-19 UPDATE: Our web shop currently remains open to customers. We are constantly reviewing this in light of government advice and in discussion with our fulfilment partners. However, delays in local delivery may occur which are outside of our control - we apologise in advance for this.

SAirfix Forum Gallery 2021 (Pandemic Special II)

Paul Brown

1500 posts

Community Moderator

Place your 2021 completions here, I don't as yet have anything to start the ball rolling. If anybody would like anything moved from the 2020 gallery let us know.

Ratch

3859 posts

Community Moderator

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

B206B3

19 posts

Here is This is my Christmas/Covid effort. Decided to do a civilian airliner theme, apart from the fact some Handley Page 00/400's were converted to airliners, thats as far as my use of refrences went.....the rest was poetic licence and a typical 1920's colour scheme!  Was tempted to paint "Covidair" on the fuselage.....Top pic is the HP "airborne" in my office!

JRF

Ratch

3859 posts

Community Moderator

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Revell 1/72 Junkers Ju88A-1 of the Battle of Britain. Built from the box, only addition aerial wires. Okay kit, but the nose area is very over engineered.

Patrick Camilleri

768 posts

Community Moderator

This is the Airfix Boeing Clipper.  A lovely little kit that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Ratch

3859 posts

Community Moderator

Heller 1/72 Heinkel He112 B1

Thanks to Paul for starting this thread.

I thought I would share this one with you. 

Since asking for the Beaufort some years ago, I have become so impatient waiting for the Airfix release. So much so that I decided to have a go at the Special Hobby version. Well ! What a surprise I got. 

I had some big problems with the instructions. If you look closely, you will see that the instrument panel is way too far back based on the fact that I thought the pilot’s seat should be back against the canopy/fuselage joint. There were other issues as well, but suffice to say, can’t wait for the Airfix version.

Markings are tor 5 OTU, if you’re interested. Although there is a reference to say its 3 OTU. Plus, not sure I got the correct letter sizes.

Otherwise, I wouldn’t mind trying another one, but again, I am guessing the Airfix version would be a little easier to complete.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product