SAirfix Forum Christmas Competition 2018

Watching my son’s eyes light up as his wish to fly to the moon with the “Apollo Saturn V” [A11170] is unwrapped beneath the Christmas tree, my mind falls into the “Whirlwind” [01019-7] “Victory” [01267-4] of my first two Airfix kits, built under the watchful eye of my Granda, on the Spectator protected dining table in my grandparents’ living room. The two kits proudly sat on their fireplace for many, many years.

Strider Orca

LucaRAF

1 post

The festive season is always a special time of the year for me and my family. Every Christmas, we will all come together at our grandparents house where we spend time playing boarding games and watching Christmas films. Later that night, after opening our presents at home, we start to slowly forge and paint some of the kits we have recieved - whilst remembering those who have served in the armed forces. 

Christmas is all about bringing people together and Airfix modelling with my grandad as we build paint and decal all the new kits has been a joy over the years!

Airfix makes Christmas great. As a child I would wait expectantly for Santa to make his usual delivery of a Series 5 kit which was the highlight of my Christmas, with the Ju-52, He-177 and B-24 still vivid in my mind. Nowadays I love sitting down with my younger boys on Boxing Day and having an Airfix model making session while Christmas tunes play in the background and the rain drips down outside.

Airfixfan69

22 posts

My first Airfix Christmas was in 1969. Kit stash was unheard of back then. I started modeling in September and I was buying one Airfix kit at a time, building before buying a new one. That December I bought two to keep me busy the coming Christmas vacation. To my surprise my roommate's mom gave me an Airfix  Ar-196! I was overwhelmed, suddenly I have three Airfix kits, it was a Merry Christmas!

Administrator

392 posts

Congratulations to Bucknall, who has been selected as the winner of our Forum Christmas Competition 2018!

After all the excitement of Xmas Day has faded it is so satisfying to spend some calm time concentrating on an Airfix kit with my visiting nephew. The excitement of opening the glossy box, the smell of the plastic, checking out the instructions and cutting the first pieces from the sprue is always timeless. It’s Quality Time shared and passing on a lifelong hobby to the next generation. Priceless.

Just like last year, it was incredibly tough to pick a winner out of so many fantastic entries. Thank you to everyone who entered, and I hope, like me, you’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s posts.

Do remember that other competitions, and treats, are still to come with our Advent Calendar as we count down the days until Christmas – be sure to check it out.

From everyone here at Airfix we hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

GNR-Gordon-4

308 posts

Congratulations Bucknall. I hope your enjoy your new Airfix A50181 1:72 RAF Centenary Gift Set. Smile

GNR-Gordon-4

A Thomas & Friends OO, HO and OO-9 Model Railway Gauge's Collector Since 2005, an Eddie Stobart Spotter and Collector Since 2010 and an Airfix QUICK BUILD Collector Since 2017

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product