COVID-19 UPDATE: Our web shop currently remains open to customers. We are constantly reviewing this in light of government advice and in discussion with our fulfilment partners. However, delays in local delivery may occur which are outside of our control - we apologise in advance for this.

SAirfix Forum Christmas Competition 2019

Administrator

396 posts

It is time for the annual Airfix Forum Christmas Competition! Each year we offer you the chance to win a fantastic prize by telling us something about your Christmas here on the Forum.

In this year’s competition we’d like you to tell us, in 75 words or less, how Airfix and scale modelling bring you and your family together over the festive period. Whether you all work on separate builds or you and your grandchildren work on something in the countdown to the big day, we’d like to hear about it!

Do make sure your entry is 75 words or under as we can’t consider any post which goes over the word limit. Please submit your entry to this thread before the end of Tuesday 17th December. The winner will be selected in the days following the competition’s closure.

Full Terms & Conditions can be found here. Only one entry can be considered per Forum user.

Administrator

396 posts

The prize this year is a A50164A RMS Titanic Gift Set (1:700).

The prize will be dispatched as soon as possible once the winner is announced, and while we will make every effort, we can’t make any guarantees that delivery will be in time for Christmas Day.

*Competition ends Tuesday 17th December

Sitting down together without technology don't happen often but when it does, working together to build a scale model is a great team effort and gives us something to look back on. Fairfax is a great memory builder!

lisa_day1

2 posts

We all chip in and do a peice of a model kit so as it's a family effort.It's fun to do and gets everyone involved.It's nice to sit and do it under the glow of the christmas lights in the evenings.I love watching it develope and grow.

JaseRokz

12 posts

All year long I build model ships.  But on Cristmas day my 2 girls give me my last present to open, its a challange and this is how it works

They have bought me a model and I have to finish it before they go back to school.  First I have to tell them about it, its history, have Inbuilt it before?  Every morning they want to see the progress, am i on time, whats it looking like so far.  When its finished they give me a score!, they added that to the rules lst year.

last year I built the Airfix stephensons Rocket, weatherd it looked fab, the year before the Airfix 1;600 Ark Royal, they loved the aircraft on it, the year before a 1:72 Airfix Spitfire the same as my ver first kit.  Its lots of fun and often brings back memories of kits I built as a kid,

Bestie

1 post

I have a little disabled adopted brother in law who loves airfix almost as much as my husban. It's lovely to see an adult and child concentrating and having so much fun together. Little William is in a wheelchair and also developed touretts but despite this he can manage airfix and is a bright boy. 

HeyerFan

1 post

Haven't done a model for years but now have three great nephews and have bought one for each of them this Christmas. Helping them fall in love with this great hobby will bring us all closer together.

Christmas is the one time of the year where I get my whole family in one place, and a model will always come out of at least one parcel.  I think they're on to me!  My grandchildren are just coming to the age where we can all get involved, and the hobby is already rubbing off on my grandson.  He's getting quite a collection of "quick build" kits on his shelf.  It's so nice to pass on a quality hobby.

allan ford

31 posts

The only good thing about Christmas from my perspective is that it's when I can get all the Airfix kits that are otherwise unaffordable.My partner and sister are very generous in this respect. 

Christmas,I can sit down on my own and get stuck in to some modelling! Wonderful!

Ratch

3712 posts

Community Moderator

Airfix has been part of Christmas since my childhood when I received many kits. My first 1/24 Superkit.was especially memorable. Having built 1/72, the Spitfire was gigantic. My son enjoyed building the large Golden Hind and now my two grandsons enjoy both Quickbuild kits (like the Harrier) and traditional kits too. There is always something exciting to open and the delight on their faces bring mean Christmas would not be the same without Airfix.

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

This site uses cookies to provide users with the best experience possible, to find out more about them or how to remove cookies from your browser please view our Privacy Policy Or accept cookies to continue to use the website.
Membership Restricted Product