Sorry for not posting on this build for a while.
Once together the airframe was quickly prepared for painting, due to the generally good fit of the parts, not bad for a kit from 1968! On the photos below you can see the small areas of filler needed, a little on the spine behind the cockpit hump, on the underside of one of the wingtips and to fill the stand slot behind the underside bulge. This bulge has a large hole moulded in it, not sure why, but I filled it with a length of plastic rod.
Some of the smaller parts have also been added, and the side windows masked with Tamiya tape and Maskol.
The painting instructions for the whole kit are the 1960's version with just the paint reference numbers changed. They basically say paint the fuselage top and fin white, the wheels and anti glare panel black and everything else silver, that's it. I chose the later scheme with Light Aircraft Grey instead of silver for the undersides and wings.
Painting was with a brush using Humbrol acrylics, an undercoat of Hu34 followed by Hu130 on top Hu 166 for the rest and Hu33 for the black bits. The biggest problem was the masking, especially for the fuselage cheatline which needed to be spot on so the wrong colour does not show on the wrong side of the line.
I did some searching on the internet for the prop blade colours and found images of RAF/MoD Beagles with three different coloured blades; black with yellow tips, a light grey with black de-icer boots at the root and re-white-red tips, or sectioned black and white blades. I chose the black and yellow as it's the easiest. All those de-icer boots and the anti glare panel were a pain to mask! That red nose is present in most images of parked Beagles. It's not painted that colour it's a remove beforee flight cover over the pitot tube, so if you make one in flight don't paint the nose red.
The wheels went on well, and the legs have some detail on them. The main bays are completely open though and the nose bay has no depth at all, however this was lucky as when I put it on it's wheels I found I had not put enough weight in the nose, but I was able to cram more into the engine spaces through the main U/C bays.
Next up the decals.