SAirfix Kit Starter 1/72 Beagle Basset CC.1

You didn't have to wait to long T2B, asshe is now finished.

The decals were well pinted and worked well, unfortunately only the main markings are supplied, same as the original boxing, which means a lot of the obvious markings on the engines etc are missing. As I'm just building out the box I just went with what was there. Luckily the blue cheatline fitted in with my masking well, so I must have measured it properly! One alteration I did make was with the fuselage serial. All the images on the web showed that this was positioned over the blue cheatline but on a white background, which wasn;t represented on the decals. to get over this I painted a patch of clear decal white, laid the serial decal over it and cut out the rectangle to be put over the blue.. The whole model was then sealed with Klear, and a little weathering added around the exhausts.

For a change of pace this was an enjoyable build and goes to show that half decent models can be made from older kits, it doesn't always need to be the latest new tool!

John Symmons

990 posts

Very nicely done PMM, and it is a very pretty aircraft. I like your comment on some of the older kits as many are very good even by todays standards like the Bristtol Bulldog & HS 123 both very neat kits that go toigether well. Hopefully the Airfix Classis or Vintage series will include re-issues of some of these older kits.

Remember we do this for fun                                John the Pom

Colin M

104 posts

A great result. That looks eally nice.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product