SClub models

Airfix gave me conflicted answers on new Club kits.  One email said there would be some announced this week, while another email said it wouldn't be until the summer.

Club models now just down to 1 option. When will they be updated? Not sure why they cant offer more choice.

pg-scout

9 posts

A club renewal letter arrived today  there is no mention of Club models at all and the voucher is now £15 to be spent on any model.  At least the misleading advertising of non-existent club models has gone, but it looks as though the Club model has gone for good.

paul_boyd

24 posts

@pg-scout

A club renewal letter arrived today  there is no mention of Club models at all and the voucher is now £15 to be spent on any model.  At least the misleading advertising of non-existent club models has gone, but it looks as though the Club model has gone for good.

The website does still advertise club kits:-

Trevw

5 posts

Thanks for the information about the change from a £20 Club Model over to a £15 on any model. It was not something I was aware of and means that I can now go ahead with spending my Christmas present. 

Club Admins - perhaps an email shot would help here, or put that into the next club magazine?

It would seem as if now is the time to stock up on the remaining Spitfire VB, while it is there. Unless there is a new kit coming into the club range. 

One alternative suggestion - since the major difference between the standard and club offering is generally the decals, why not arrange something around that?  As the decals are now generally being printed by Cartograf what scope is there for them to supply some 'specials' for additional options on the standard builds. This would of course depend on whether you wanted the box artwork to differ. 

Joe Knox

2 posts

Hi, 

I see there are a few of you saying there is a way to trade in your £20 voucher for a general £15 voucher. I am planning on renewing my membership and this sweetens the deal. Can someone put me in the direction in his to do this?

Dad Paul B

330 posts

Joe

You must have timed your last renewal just before the change. If you have a club limited voucher then email the club email address and they will provide a new voucher code (you will need to provide your current voucher code and be within its 1 year validity).

The £15 pounds on anything has been the standard since very early this year.

Paul

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

Joe Knox

2 posts

@Dad Paul B

Joe

You must have timed your last renewal just before the change. If you have a club limited voucher then email the club email address and they will provide a new voucher code (you will need to provide your current voucher code and be within its 1 year validity).

The £15 pounds on anything has been the standard since very early this year.

Paul

That would explain it, i got my membership in December last year, so my renewed one will be able to transfer to the £15 voucher I guess. Thanks for the info 

dabhand

82 posts

Seems to me that the 'club' could be used to release more kits from the probably defunct toolings, bit like the Jetstream re-issue.  The Beaver would be a good subject, as would many others!  No need for fancy boxings, just parts, re-print of original instructions and a 'plain brown box'.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product