SDo you think we should see the old 1/32 cars again?

Ratch

1785 posts

Community Moderator

@MG Writer

but I have to agree that for a company the size of Airfix to tool up for them would sadly be bonkers.

I wonder whether folks read the content

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum

Paws4thot

753 posts

Well, I'm presently building an Airfix LandRover (early series 2, 89" wheelbase, tilt top).

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

paul-muc

157 posts

Well, the title of this thread is "Do you think we should see the old 1/32 cars again?" which is about re-issueing old kits, nothing about new tools. I'm finishing an old Porsche 917 (03409-2), which is a nice kit and it was a pleasure to build it.

Paws4thot

753 posts

@paul-muc

Well, the title of this thread is "Do you think we should see the old 1/32 cars again?" which is about re-issueing old kits, nothing about new tools. I'm finishing an old Porsche 917 (03409-2), which is a nice kit and it was a pleasure to build it.

Agreed; the last one of those I built even got accurised a bit to the Le Mans (film) spec, since that doesn't take much more than removing the rear wing end plates except the bits that actually contact the sides of the engine cover tunnel.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Ratch

1785 posts

Community Moderator

I bought an MGB and a Triumph in Type 11 boxes on Sunday

Hey sent an email about it a few days ago and got a reply saying they can't say about any projects so it makes me wonder...

Now you've somthing to talk about.

Ratch

1785 posts

Community Moderator

Airfix never talk about what they may or may not do. Its part of the Toy Trade culture: don't give the opposition any clue because they might beat you to the deal.

paul-muc

157 posts

Two weeks ago a Renault Dauphine in a poly bag was sold for 35 euros, this evening a Ford Capri found a new owner for 75 euros (1 euro =0,89 pounds)!

Who are these people who spend so much money for a simple kit? Are they kit collectors or do they really want to build this model?

Paul Brown

494 posts

Community Moderator

@paul-muc

Two weeks ago a Renault Dauphine in a poly bag was sold for 35 euros, this evening a Ford Capri found a new owner for 75 euros (1 euro =0,89 pounds)!

Who are these people who spend so much money for a simple kit? Are they kit collectors or do they really want to build this model?

Collectors in all probability. In my experience most builders are very price conscious (tight if you prefer and I include myself), although that doesn't mean to say they might not push the boat out for something they'd really like to build.

Paws4thot

753 posts

@Paul Brown

Collectors in all probability. In my experience most builders are very price conscious (tight if you prefer and I include myself), although that doesn't mean to say they might not push the boat out for something they'd really like to build.

Agreed; the referenced Landie is 1/7something scale (89" SWB is 32.something mm in both 1/72 and 1/76 scale, and yes I did measure it) from the old Bristol Bloodhound kit which I bought for £13 including postage.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product