SNew Releases 2019

Just seen the new releases for 2019, great to see a NEW TOOL Buccaneer and MiG 17 in 1/72. I will defo buy at least 1 of each. All those 1/35 armour kits, they can't all be new tool Airfix, they must be someone else's in Airfix boxes? With the vintage kits some gems there, I'll be getting a Heron when it comes out. Quite happy altogether.

I was very dissapointed with tha last Buccaneer 're-tool' since it perpetuated the wrong nose profile of the NA.39 prototype. So dissapointed that I binned it!!!! This one does at least look as if that has been corrected (finally).

All we need now is a 1/48th re-release.

Bish69

17 posts

Glad to see the Bucc, but other than that, pretty dissapointing. Lots of re boxing of very old kits. At least my wallet will be pleased.

The armour is not listed as new tool, so will be interesting to see who's they are.

Awful

Especially for 1/48 modeller with only 3/4 '''new" models with only 2 being new

They couldn't do anything for D-day in 1/48 either; how hard would it be be to knock together a D-day set similar to the battle of Britain one 

Dad Paul B

393 posts

The Buc and MiG17 are top of my list and some interesting selections for the Vintage Classics range - lots of vehicles to go with Hornby stocking Airfix Battles as well as several ships (Victorious has just displaced Ark Royal on my desired list and Graf Spee was my first ship build, but 'Fearless' was my favourite) and the Apollo kits are being reissued to mark the 50th Anniversary of the Moon Landings. I built the LEM years agoand always wanted the Saturn V so they are much wanted.

Not sure how desirable the F-15, 16 and 18 will be now as these will be the 1980s toolings and not the latest versions, still a lot of people have been wanting to see versions of these. Then there is Black Mike and a new version of the 1/48 Hunter in Suez markings.

This is the busiest release programme I have seen in the last few years with quite a few interesting options.

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

Paul Brown

787 posts

Community Moderator

@Hawkerhurricaneguy

Awful

Here's some suggestions:

1) Don't buy any Airfix this year

2) Hope that next year things will be better for you

3) Address the stash (if you have one)

4) Buy kits in scales and genres from the myriad other manufacturers that are in the plastic kit business, that suit your taste

They couldn't do anything for D-day in 1/48 either; how hard would it be be to knock together a D-day set similar to the battle of Britain one 

I'm struggling to think of which kits, other than the P-51D, that are available from the current tooling catalogue, from which you could 'knock together' a D-Day set. Give us a clue.

Paul Brown

787 posts

Community Moderator

@Mark Downey

I was very dissapointed with tha last Buccaneer 're-tool' since it perpetuated the wrong nose profile of the NA.39 prototype. 

Freightdog did a correction piece, along with some other accessores, that will now be redundant. The new kit is based on a LIDAR scan.

all my money goes abroad on new kits several hundered pounds worth, why Airfix do not do ships in 1/350 anymore

LeonF

71 posts

Might take a punt on the MiG-17 but tbh I find little else excited me. 

OK so the Bristol Bulldog might accidentally enter the stash. And a Demon as I never built one when they were commonplace. 

And that (Thunder Models) Tractor... 

And...I'll have a think, might be one or two but I at best I'm luke warm. Will look closer once the website speeds up again. 

david evans

10 posts

Graham

Agree with you entirely, your guess is as good as mine. I remember building all the 1/600 scale ships listed when i was in my early teens. Im fifty five now, bet i will not be able to make them any better than i did then. As like me the molds where alot younger. Just keep buying kits from overseas companies. Who are prepared to make very good ships of the Royal Navy, and sell them i presume at a profit. Maybe Airfix one day will fill this hole in their range, but im not holding my breath.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product