New Tank 1:76

Tomek22

Hi,

for my fictional wargames army I made this conversation of an old Airfix WWI. Tank.

/media/tinymce_upload/cd21e8e9b9c7c6031a19db389aec8efd.jpgmore Informations to follow.../media/tinymce_upload/025925384886c7a800c9c8f401dcb032.jpg

I had to do several changes. First I removed the sideguns and closed the holes with plastic sheet. The holes are nearly square and so it is not a problem. Then I cut down the drivers cab and closed the gap, too.

I added a searchlight and the snipped observation slits of the drivers cab. Scratch built hatches for the crew on the deck and sides. On the right side there is a bigger hatch to allow more easy service and loading. I added front pull hooks and draw hooks on the rear side.

Steering wheels and suspension I cut down. The motor is now in the rear of the vehicle.

I used some brass parts as ventilation grids and used an exhaust (I think it was from a Matilda Tank?, I am sorry, I don`t remember this).

I made some rivets an the new sides but I am not satisfied with the result. I will do this better next time.

Footboards at the sides and a short ladder in the rear, grips, a MG in the front, tools to complete the hull.

The turret is from a LVT-1. My first idea to use a FT-17 turret was not good, because the FT-17 turret is much to small. There is a slight conversation of the turret withe the handle on it.

The turret holds in place by a magnet. It is fully rotatable and removable.

Hope you like it!

Very interesting.  It might have made a better tank than the actual WWI tank.  True it has a bit more weight because of the turret but this would have given it a better arc of fire and a better field of view.  One would have  aslo saved the weight of the two guns on the sides and had a reduced crew..........A very interesting "what -it!"

It looks very good as a design and it's very well built too!

Thank you folks, but this tank was not inspired by Indiana Jones.

It is for my fictional wargames army wich is located in the middle east (1935-1940)

My comments were intended as "comparative discussion" rather than criticism. IJ&TLC is "largely set in 1938" which makes your tank same period and area, although it's accepted that it's not meant to be the same (fictitious) type.

Hi Paws4thot,

I never saw this film. I googled the IJ Tank for pictures of it. Your`re right, it looks like a bit similar.

I don`t see your input as criticism. 😀

Thanks for comments!

@m2 browning: no the turret is from another tank.

@Patrick: thank you for your commendation  😆

Archived