S1:600 HMS Victory

oldvic123

13 posts

BLAM.

Forgive me if there's too many photo's......but you did ask!

Thanks for your help.

You may be interested to hear of my next project. Based on the same hull halves, I'm building an open frame Admiralty style dockyard model, which looks like fun. That will be done using a lot of 'artistic license'. Watch this space......in about a year!

Paws4thot

1238 posts

@oldvic123

Ah Ha,

Here I am!

Thank you for your kind words about my little Victory build.

It's taken me 3 days to finaly register onto the forum!

Clearly you found it on another forum. I don't want to upset them by re-posting the original photographs, but as I'm the originator then prsumably I have copyright?

I have to go out now, but promise to download the photo's and a little relevant prose this evening.

I don't know which "other forum" you posted on, but unless their rules specifically require you to sign over copyright, then it vests in you as the artist for any visual art involving non-humans (other rules apply to photographs involving humans).

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

oldvic123

13 posts

Patrick Camilleri

513 posts

Community Moderator

Hi Ratch, Thanks for pointed out the fact that photos need to be approved by Admin.  All my detailed instructions and I forgot to mention that!! 

Patrick Camilleri

513 posts

Community Moderator

Oldvic 123....... Suggest you go to SHOP and under ships find the HMS Victory starter set entry...... then proceed to images and upload images there too!

Can't wait to see your next Victory build .......do keep us updated with photos as you build it!

oldvic123

13 posts

Patrick, once again, thank you. Folowed your advice and re-uploaded my photo's to the 'starter kit' page. I just hope no one thinks that is what will fall out of the box! Coming soon.....beginings of my next build.

Paws4thot

1238 posts

@oldvic123

Patrick, once again, thank you. Folowed your advice and re-uploaded my photo's to the 'starter kit' page. I just hope no one thinks that is what will fall out of the box! Coming soon.....beginings of my next build.

And thank you for posting pictures of such a stunning build. I feel quite humbled.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Paul Brown

787 posts

Community Moderator

Absolutely stunning little piece.

oldvic123

13 posts

Ok, perhaps I'm expecting too much, but it's been a while since I downloaded my photo's to the 'starter kit page' and there's no response. In fact there are no ships at all in there, from anyone. Seems a little strange. Hope to post a few new photo's in the next few days. 

Patrick Camilleri

513 posts

Community Moderator

Hi Oldvic 123, You're right.  Victory is no longer in the shop.  When this happens the photos don't appear.

This happened to me a few weeks ago.  Just when I finished my Queen Elizabeth it disappeared from the shop Frown  I'm not sure whether it is still in the catalogue 'cause I haven't bought this years edition yet.

I've suggested to the Administrators that it woudl be nice to have a gallery on the site for members to post in.  Hopefully we'll get it someday soon ..........(hint, hint).

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product