SWimpy! A Slightly Smaller Build - Vickers Wellington Mk.1A/C

Peter s

40 posts

James-mower: I think we may have dealt with the same incredibly rude customer service agent. Starting every mail with "dear sir or madam" and basically accusing me of scamming Airfix for a spitfire canopy really put my back up. The use of language in the mail made with think the enquiry was being handled a very long way away.

For a £9 spitfire it wasn't worth the hassle but the victor (etc) is pushing £60 and I'm wary of spending that much if a missing part won't be replaced and I'm basically accused of fraud for requesting a part.

@Peter s

James-mower: I think we may have dealt with the same incredibly rude customer service agent. Starting every mail with "dear sir or madam" and basically accusing me of scamming Airfix for a spitfire canopy really put my back up. The use of language in the mail made with think the enquiry was being handled a very long way away.

For a £9 spitfire it wasn't worth the hassle but the victor (etc) is pushing £60 and I'm wary of spending that much if a missing part won't be replaced and I'm basically accused of fraud for requesting a part.

It's funny I lost my landcaste tail gunner clear part and had the same person

Air cadet Car enthosiast Spends may to much time on the internet

Ratch

2639 posts

Community Moderator

Well if you lost the part it is your fault, not Airfix's

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

james_mower

558 posts

@Mr de Havilland

It's funny I lost my landcaste tail gunner clear part and had the same person

Which Lancaster? As I have spares Cool

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was some ###### bringing me another loco!!

james_mower

558 posts

@T2B

Yeah I had noticed the box artwork, but a search of the internet shows all RAF flight crew (WW2 era wearing a VC) in wing crawling positions are sold out!! Somebody else must be already planning that, can't life be so unjust lol?

Modelu may be able to help - though you may need to be 3D scanned crawling on an actual Wellington wing Wink

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was some ###### bringing me another loco!!

james_mower

558 posts

@T2B

Thanks.

The level of detail is truly amazing and well worth the wait to get this kit. I shall include more detail in my next Wellington build, which will be grounded!

Well I had a nice couple emails from someone senior at Airfix over last couple of days - they are checking the tooling on the Wellington and they 'found some spares' Wink

james_mower

558 posts

@james_mower

Thanks.

The level of detail is truly amazing and well worth the wait to get this kit. I shall include more detail in my next Wellington build, which will be grounded!

Well I had a nice couple emails from someone senior at Airfix over last couple of days - they are checking the tooling on the Wellington and they 'found some spares' Wink

I would like to point out this comment was in another thread @T2B Wellington IIC and the powers at be moved it without my permission or consent Yell 

james_mower

558 posts

Ignore the previous two entries (as a result of the Powers that be)

Some 'unavailable' spares arrived this morning...

Meanwhile, in-between a lot of swearing (rigging the Eindecker), some paint was applied to the Wimpy.

T2B

1074 posts

Well James you seem to have got your mo-jo back because that is some decent progress! I have a few days now to make headway with mine before I'm away for a week when nothing will get doneUndecided

And are you sure it was Admin??

james_mower

558 posts

@T2B

Well James you seem to have got your mo-jo back because that is some decent progress! I have a few days now to make headway with mine before I'm away for a week when nothing will get doneUndecided

And are you sure it was Admin??

Definitely was Admin/Moderators, I know where I posted that post!

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product