SWimpy! A Slightly Smaller Build - Vickers Wellington Mk.1A/C

james_mower

552 posts

Finished and the obligatory cameo - though she'll be started after the Shackleton* build is recommenced.

Worth noting the transfers are the best I've seen from Airfix, they needed no Micro Sol or Micro Set or Varnish of any kind - no silvering on the carrier film either.

More photo's to come once the patio cools down.

* 5 loco & 3 Wagon Commissions come first

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was some ###### bringing me another loco!!

james_mower

552 posts

Posing in the late evening sun...

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was some ###### bringing me another loco!!

Heather Kay

260 posts

Very tidy. At my current rate, I expect my Wimpy won't be started until about 2023. 

A professional modeller of railway subjects, and a reborn Airfix fan. Definitely into combat aircraft in service on all sides in the summer of 1940, but known to occasionally veer off into other interesting things!

james_mower

552 posts

@Heather Kay

Very tidy. At my current rate, I expect my Wimpy won't be started until about 2023. 

Thanks, I suspect (all being well of course) - I'll be on my fourth Wimpy Variant in my 50th Birthday year ;)

T2B

1058 posts

A very good build and lovely finish James. And I suspect there will be more Wimpy versions released in the near future to keep us busy as I will definately be getting more lol!

My Wimpy is now finished aswell and I'm busy uploading my photo's (though I don't think they will be moderated till Monday) and think I need to improve my photo locations and skills. But my Wimpy is a liitle different from yours, so worth a look on Monday even if I do say so myself Wink  

james_mower

552 posts

@T2B

A very good build and lovely finish James. And I suspect there will be more Wimpy versions released in the near future to keep us busy as I will definately be getting more lol!

My Wimpy is now finished aswell and I'm busy uploading my photo's (though I don't think they will be moderated till Monday) and think I need to improve my photo locations and skills. But my Wimpy is a liitle different from yours, so worth a look on Monday even if I do say so myself Wink  

Your's will be - mine actually exists in 1:1 scale (and I have worked on her).

I would advise you invest in some photo editing software - Adobe Photoshop Elements or something similar, as it will reduce file size & improve quality - also simple to use Wink

I hope they release one of the three version's with a Whittle Jet Engine, where the tail gunner should be Cool

Paws4thot

1214 posts

@james_mower

I would advise you invest in some photo editing software - Adobe Photoshop Elements or something similar, as it will reduce file size & improve quality - also simple to use Wink

I hope they release one of the three version's with a Whittle Jet Engine, where the tail gunner should be Cool

GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), which has all the capability of Photoshop, but is a free download.

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

james_mower

552 posts

@Paws4thot

GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), which has all the capability of Photoshop, but is a free download.

GNU isn't that a type of Antelope Sealed

Paws4thot

1214 posts

@james_mower

GNU isn't that a type of Antelope Sealed

It's actually a recursive acronym, of "GNU's Not Unix".

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

james_mower

552 posts

Thanks to the Social Media arm of Airfix/Hornby - R for Robert is taking social media by storm..

Twitter

Facebook

Oops..

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product