SNew Releases 2019

Paws4thot

1219 posts

Well, I can definitely be sold at least one Buc; I'm still waiting for some classic ships and 1/76 military (listed as 2018 releases) though...

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

T2B

1061 posts

Yes Paws my only gripe would be sometimes the time between announcement and actual release of the kit, and the date then does sometimes keep getting put back lol

Tomek22

167 posts

I am glad with the MiG 17 in 1:72! There are enough decals on the aftermarket to build quite a lot of different nations of them.

Paul Brown

773 posts

Community Moderator

@ Captain Triggers and Hawkerhurricaneguy, your posts have been referred to admin. Whilst I'm sure no offence was intended I can also see that it could easily be taken. Can I also point out that before posting up a reply to something that might be deemed to be personal you are encouraged to use the report facility.

@Paul Brown

@ Captain Triggers and Hawkerhurricaneguy, your posts have been referred to admin. Whilst I'm sure no offence was intended I can also see that it could easily be taken. Can I also point out that before posting up a reply to something that might be deemed to be personal you are encouraged to use the report facility.

alright, i will use that next time; thank you

what did you think of my suggestion for a 1/48 d day pack thou with a spitfire mk v in a american spotter aircraft scheme or with invasion stripes and a bedford truck and ground crew? 

FAAMAN

47 posts

I can't believe the poor reactions and negative comments Frown

Airfix does have their problems, I've railed about a few meself like the atrocious A-4B Skyhawk, missing appropriate crew figures in kits, and glaring holes in 1/72 and 1/600 scale new releases and too much 1/48 but that's just my own viewpoint.

Airfix can't possibly cover everyone's "want", and if that's your problem, find another manufacturer.

I must admit a little dissapointment in some areas with this years releases but I'm also impressed by what I see too, with a number of purchases coming to mind that need aquiring (some 1/35 vehicles are VERY tempting) like a 1/24 scale Hellcat, my first 1/24 kit in 35 years.

If you want new tool kits from Airfix then support them with purchases so they make the dollars (err Pounds) and can afford to invest in new tooling.

Over all, well done Airfix Cool

Never fear, new release or massively collectable, you will be assembled . . . sooner or later

Paul Brown

773 posts

Community Moderator

@Hawkerhurricaneguy

what did you think of my suggestion for a 1/48 d day pack thou with a spitfire mk v in a american spotter aircraft scheme or with invasion stripes and a bedford truck and ground crew? 

Not bad at all. For whatever reason Airfix have decided to go with the 1/72 sets, probably because there's no additional artwork and packaging to develop. The Hellcat will have been a huge drain on whatever resources they have available.

@Paul Brown

Not bad at all. For whatever reason Airfix have decided to go with the 1/72 sets, probably because there's no additional artwork and packaging to develop. The Hellcat will have been a huge drain on whatever resources they have available.

its kind of a shame considering they brought out a "new" stuka when the only new thing about it is an additional decal set. 

VA Matthew

5 posts

I am overall very pleased with the 2019 range espicially the Buccaneer (my favorite British aircraft after the Canberra) and the Hellcat.  If Airfix can make money through marketing Academy armor, that is very positive.  The old molds might make some disappointed but building the older kits is comforting and therapeutic.  I like particularly the Bulldog and Demon - using my more advanced finishing skills (compared to when I was a kid) should be fun.

Matthew On the bench Airfix 1/72 Supermarine Swift FR.5; on deck Airfix 1/72 English Electric Canberra PR.9 & 1/72 Grumman Martlet Mk. IV.

Shame about the standard and predictable gripping. How can anyone moan about a decent Buc ?

1/48 Tiger Moth - Great !

1/24 Hell cat !

Please note folks - accuracy with a certain Chinese manufacturer seems to be optional.

Bit puzzled by the launch into 1/35 Armour - bit late Airfix. Will need to be cheap to sell.

Lots of stuff they could have released and sometimes they are lacking in creativity.

On the whole - well done Airfix

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product