COVID-19 UPDATE: Our web shop currently remains open to customers. We are constantly reviewing this in light of government advice and in discussion with our fulfilment partners. However, delays in local delivery may occur which are outside of our control - we apologise in advance for this.

SAirfix Forum Christmas Competition 2019

spadgent

125 posts

eating the christmas dinner then making a kit or two between us.  Then curling up on the with the rest of the family on the sofa and watching a movie.  maybie have an uncle and auntie or granparents around and getting festive.  if we dont make a model i go and bash some wood on the lathe and make a small Xmas tree or something like that.  then its Mulled wine all round!!!  (not to minors may i add)

what!! 11 o'clock already! i should realy stop modeling and get to bed.

As a child, my uncle was really into Airfix and he got me involved. As a teenager, I lost interest because it's "not what girls do". When I became a Mum to my first boy, we started doing them together. He's now 17 and does his own. But now I do them with my 5 year old and when the baby is older, I'll do them with him too. It's very much a family tradition.

I bring us together as we can sit down around the table and build the model together. The kids love it and even when it does not look quite the way it should, we still had fun and mad great memories together.

We always buy an Airfix kit which we make as a family over the Christmas period - it keeps everyone busy! 

joy58

1 post

its great to build as a family project we clear the table and spend hours building a model 

We all decide on 1 kit and we have a competition on who can build and paint it the fastest. It's gets a bit messy but that's the fun of it, right?! There are 5 people gathered around a table with paint and some glue, of course it will get messy. My grandad usually ends up winning but me and my dad are slowly reigning him in. The spitfire starter kit is our usual choice.

shaughan

18 posts

You have to love Christmas!  I asked Santa for the Jungle Outpost set this year as it was something I never did as a youngster. My daughter is a car enthusiast so I do believe Santa is trying to obtain a flower power VW Beetle for her.  Her first VW she needed my help but now takes them in her stride.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Like a jigsaw, my airfix kit at Christmas is essential. To get away from the TV and other social media item (mobile phones / computer games etc.) I work on the kit at the dining table, while the wife works a card marking project for charity and the nephews work on the jigsaw. There’s Christmas music playing and it’s nice to see everyone “together “and smiling too !

kacky

1 post

I've always worked on air fix models since I was a child and now my grandchildren do them with me so there is always one on the go all year round. At the moment it's a Ford Fiesta. Classic car?

crusher

1 post

Sitting down with my dad to build airfix  kits to go on railway

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

This site uses cookies to provide users with the best experience possible, to find out more about them or how to remove cookies from your browser please view our Privacy Policy Or accept cookies to continue to use the website.
Membership Restricted Product