COVID-19 UPDATE: Our web shop currently remains open to customers. We are constantly reviewing this in light of government advice and in discussion with our fulfilment partners. However, delays in local delivery may occur which are outside of our control - we apologise in advance for this.

SAirfix Forum Christmas Competition 2019

sweir1

2 posts

Airfix has always been in our family. My first memory is sitting on my grandads knee watching him build a spitfire and I have been hooked since

The Airfix range has something for all ages; boys & girls. The aeroplanes from WW11 which my late father and grandfather knew all about - brought back memories of the War and ' we had nowt like you young 'uns do now'.

Airfix is part of our history and culture. My 3 year old grandaughter has her first kit ; a 'Quick Build' Typhoon under the tree. 

When I was growing up, my father, brothers and I would sit around the xmas afternoon and all boxing day planning our builds from the presents we had, as we grew older this group increased as the family increased and has become a traditional part of the togetherness of the family over this period.

av.roe

1 post

me and my dad love airfix we can sit for hours and build the lancaster or the vulcan i do the painting though because he struggles with his shaking hands we both love christmas because i buy him a model and he buys me a model and we sit and build them together as a team 

David .P. Waring

Dtails

1 post

My son received his first airfix last Christmas. On Christmas Day he was eager to get started so together we worked on and talked about it over the next few days, culminating in my son painting the model in his own style. The pureists would wince but he and I were so proud of the finished model. We had so much fun working on it together we are now at model nine for the year.

When the tree comes out the airfix kits get decorated with tinsel and my family work on a gorgeous winter wonderland

Kitmick

14 posts

Christmas has always had a place in my heart. I remember one cold christmas eve I was given a small gift to open. An airfix PBY Catalina. The joy I felt on seeing that box, with my sister beside me plans were made on the colour scheme. Glue in one hand and brushes in the other the box was opened followed the cries of bed time. Damm.

My Grandad would always get a set for Christmas, and for as long I can remember I would sit there and watch him start the build right after the Queens speech. I'm hoping that my daughter will enjoy building as much as I do. 

Each Christmas one of the children get a scale model and grandad and them sit down to put it together. It's lovely listening to them talking and bonding.

My neighbour usuaslly gets me an Airgfix kit and I don't know what I'll get until Christmas day, lasy year it was the Mosquito kit and that took me a couple of days to assemble and paint.

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

This site uses cookies to provide users with the best experience possible, to find out more about them or how to remove cookies from your browser please view our Privacy Policy Or accept cookies to continue to use the website.
Membership Restricted Product