SUpdate?

Would like to know what is going on with the club revamp/launch? \my sub expired and didn't download the latest magazine and would not let me  renew in order to access the area. Vague promises via the fb page don't really wash it.

Please advise when it will be up once again.

Dad Paul B

355 posts

New subscriptions were halted back in May and they intend to relaunch in the new year. They are open to suggestions as to what members would like to see and there is somewhere on the website to register interest. I don't have the magazine to hand right now but you may be able to find it through the menus.

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

No, unless you are a active member you can't access the relevant page. Already registered my interest, but would take with a very small pinch of salt any idea that they would listen to customers suggestions with how they have treated the club and its "perks" over the last few years. 

Ian Evans

6 posts

I have been a club member for several years now, however, since my membership ran out in June this year and new memberships are suspended , even though I pre-ordered the new 1/48 Blenheim Mk.1F way back on announcement in October 2017.. I had to pay full price. So wondering what is going on at Hornby and with the 'Club'.. I have cancelled the rest of my pre-orders until I get more info as and can get them cheaper on release elsewhere..

Still no update generally or even an acknowledgement on this thread.

Airfix really need to go back to school when it comes to not only communication but engaging with their loyal customers. 

T2B

899 posts

I was going to generate a new thread then found this thread on the Airfix Club. 

My membership expired at the end of October just as I'd saved loads of Flying Hours tokens and was about to submit them for a new Lancaster. The first I knew of the revamp was when I tried to renew my membership to submit my Flying Hours Passport?

I don't have any suggestions for the revamp but I only hope that the members discount continues and also the Flying Hours scheme. However my worry is that the number of Flying Hours tokens required to purchase a certain kit will increase? I can only appeal to the powers at Airfix that club members benefits should at least be maintained, if not increased! PLEASE DO NOT REDUCE THE BENEFITS!!!

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product