What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see what follows the 1/24 Typhoons. On that basis, I can only reiterate my plea that the first 'Super Kit' gets a super makeover, so a completely new Spitfire Mk.I would do it for me.

Having said that, I'll require hospitalisation if a 1/24 Beaufighter becomes reality.

Mmmmmmm........Beaufighter....

Steve von Hopeful

I wanted to put this out here so may be the airfix gods willl listen im not saying that thay don't but i now there are some highly suggested kits that still haven't been made yet

My kits are 1/72 TSR2

1/72 hunter F6

1/72 BAE cannbre

1/24 hs 129 DUCK (probely never gonna happen)

1/72 B29 (enola gay) superfortress

Thanks for reading

Being selfish and wanting really nice kits for my Battle of Britain obsession, I'd like to see new tool Fairey Battle, Handley Page Hampden, Bristol Beaufighter MkI, plus a Junkers Ju88A-1 (A-5 at a pinch).

😇

More of a coldwar jet fan meself but a fairey battle re tool whould be nice although the hampden I can se myself buying one of then to go with the Lancaster in my stack of airfix good input

While a Ju88A-1 would be great, an A-5 would be okay. The airframe is the same for the more numerous A-4, with just engines and other minor details different.

But that's enough of my obsession! 

If you're interested Heather, Zvezda do a fairly decent Ju-88A-5, although an Airfix re-tool would be better of course.

By the way, the A-5 airframe was almost identical to the A-1, but with the A-4 extended wingtips.

Cheers

Jason

If you're interested Heather, Zvezda do a fairly decent Ju-88A-5, although an Airfix re-tool would be better of course

I've just finished converting an old Italeri A-4, which will do me for now. If something better turns up, I might look at it again.

So, the basic family resemblance between the early-ish Ju88 marks might play into a kit designer's hands. One tool for the basic fuselage, perhaps options for wings and tail...

Dream on!  😉

I can't wait to see what follows the 1/24 Typhoons. On that basis, I can only reiterate my plea that the first 'Super Kit' gets a super makeover, so a completely new Spitfire Mk.I would do it for me.

Having said that, I'll require hospitalisation if a 1/24 Beaufighter becomes reality.

Mmmmmmm........Beaufighter....

Steve von Hopeful

It's more likely than a 1/24 hs129 DUCK if that happens it will be the best day of my life I mean it has a tank gun under neth a German tank gun 75mm of eastern front tank buster glory please please please airfix make one!!!!!!!!!!

Some interesting ideas here. Some more 1/72 Jets would be great (Hunter, Buccaneer, Sea Vixen and a new Vulcan) and some of the neglected WW2 subjects already mentioned (Ju88, Hampden, Battle).

Beyond aircraft I would love to see vehicles make a comeback - D-Day 75th Anniversary is in 2019 sonew toolings of the Sherman, Panzer IV, Panther, M3 Half Track, Sdkfz 251 and others would be welcome - maybe in 1/72 rather than 1/76 along with a 'V-Bomber Resupply set' to acompany the Victor and desired new Vulcan.

Finally how about taking all that 1/24 experience and putting it into a Tank Model - I suspect it would arouse interest and sell an initial batch of 6,000 (I doubt I could afford one or have the space to display it but it would certainly turn heads). I reckon a Sherman would be good (Tiger 1 is just too obvious a choice but) or maybe a Comet or Cold War era vehicle like a Chieftain, M60 or T55/62. This wold be an interesting new scale for AFV modellers and could catch on.

Just a quick short list (as the true wishlist which is rather longer).

WW1 - New tanks, Camel and F2B (I was hoping for 2018 anniversaries but hey ho!)

Between wars - Avro 504 (obviously could also be backdated). Bulldog, Fury, Hart family.

WW2 - LCM (to proper 1/72), Sherman (also for the LCM)  Hurricane II  or IV (double appeal with accuracy for older modellers, and bombs/rockets/big boom sticks for younger ones). Meteor I (which then covers up to Mk.IV), Aichi Val (which was noticeably absent from the Pearl Harbor sets)., Mid/late P-40s, pointy tail B-17s... 

Postwar - Single seat Vampires (dare I ask for NFs?)  small scale Meteors, ASW Seakings, small Javelin, 

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg,

... Finally as ships and vehicles have  been barely whispered how about  new WW2 small boats and Airfield vehicles that  could do with new 21at century moulds. 

What's a BAE cannbre? That's a new one on me.

Sorry I mispelt it I ment to say Canberra 

But that's me I guess 

Airfix did a new tool EE Canberra B.1(8) in 2009 which was probably 1 of the first new tools following the Hornby take over. This was followed by the Canberra PR.9 which was the same kit with new parts. Admittedly the kits are not as good as the most recent new tools, but they are still far better than the original Airfix Canberra.

With these recent kits of the Canberra it's not likely Airfix will do them again, especially with so many old tool kits that are in desparate need of re-tooling!

What's a BAE cannbre? That's a new one on me.

Sorry I mispelt it I ment to say Canberra 

But that's me I guess 

Airfix did a new tool EE Canberra B.1(8) in 2009 which was probably 1 of the first new tools following the Hornby take over. This was followed by the Canberra PR.9 which was the same kit with new parts. Admittedly the kits are not as good as the most recent new tools, but they are still far better than the original Airfix Canberra.

With these recent kits of the Canberra it's not likely Airfix will do them again, especially with so many old tool kits that are in desparate need of re-tooling!

thanks i need to get one to replace my frog one

You will all have seen the prices achieved on a certain auction site for some Airfix kits of well known aircraft. Why don't Airfix cash in on this & undercut those prices & boost profits by reissuing the 1/48 & 1/72 TSR2 ; 1/48 Javelin? ; 1/48 Sea Vixen ; 1/72 Vickers Valiant. The demand is there still surely?