3 - 1/48 F35 (FAA)

4 -1/48 FG.1/FGR.2 Phantom (FAA)

5 - 1/48 wolfhound

6 - 1/48 DH sea mosquito

7 - 1/48 DH sea venom

8 - 1/72 Avro vulcan (new tooling)

Rug_Rat

6 posts

It would also be nice to see a new tooling in 1/48 of the DH sea vixen since they are going for silly money on ebay. as well as this, it would be nice, must as a bit of variety to the RN series to have a 1/48 Lynx wildcat with a 1/48 Royal Navy ORC and Marines, it would show another side of the war in afgan.

finally, it would be nice to see the return of the Bloodhound and the intorduction of the rapier missile system.

Thanks, keep up the hard work.

Rug_Rat

6 posts

@DavidJC

Easy! Amongst other non-related kits, following on from the 1/48 Sea Vixen (a gorgeous, gorgeous kit) a new 1/48 S2B Buccaneer HMS Eagle 1970-1972, a new 1/48 Fairey Gannet AEW3 HMS Eagle 1970-1972,  a new 1/48 HAS1/HAS2 Sea King HMS Eagle 1970-1972, 1/48 flight deck tractors... I could go on but essentially 1/48 models of the RN Fleet Air Arm at its absolute peak from 1965-1972.

Now those are some things i would love to see, pleaty of Fleet air arm jet power

Mauritius

3 posts

@Administrator

In connection with the WW I Centenary, the following vehicle types came to my mind (all in 1:72 scale):

- Ford T Hucks starter;

- Ford T ambulance;

- Crossley 20/25 Royal Flying Corps staff car;

- Crossley 20/25 Royal Flying Corps tender;

- Leyland 4-ton 'RAF' type truck;

In 1:76 or 1:72 scale:

- 'Little Willie' tank prototype (1915)

In 1:72 scale the following WW I aircraft:

- Spad S.VII (retool);

- Sopwith Pup (reedition);

- Airco DH.4 (reedition);

Godfried Scheijvens

I'm mainly a Ship Modeller, so would love to see a re-tooling of HMS Hood. but also could we add to the 1:600 Range the following, what with the Centenery of Jutland next year...HMS DreadnoughtHMS LionHMS Queen Mary (Battlecruiser, not the LIner)HMS Invincible (Again, the battlecruiser)HMS Defence (Armoured Cruiser)HMS Caroline (Last Jutland Veteran)HMS Indefatigable HMS RevengeHMS Warspite (in her original WW1 Fit)And if you could do any in somethign larger like 1:350 scale, I'll bite yer hand off! ;) 

Alex

@Dreadnought82

I'm mainly a Ship Modeller, so would love to see a re-tooling of HMS Hood. but also could we add to the 1:600 Range the following, what with the Centenery of Jutland next year...HMS DreadnoughtHMS LionHMS Queen Mary (Battlecruiser, not the LIner)HMS Invincible (Again, the battlecruiser)HMS Defence (Armoured Cruiser)HMS Caroline (Last Jutland Veteran)HMS Indefatigable HMS RevengeHMS Warspite (in her original WW1 Fit)And if you could do any in somethign larger like 1:350 scale, I'll bite yer hand off! ;)

Alright mate :-)

Agreed with all these choices, a must to see some WW2 ships available.

Dad Paul B

393 posts

@Administrator

With the 2015 range revealed in December, were there any kits you were hoping for that didn’t get announced? What do you really want to see in the Airfix range, perhaps in 2016 or beyond?

I have recently come back to model making after a long layoff and am introducing my children (5 and 6) to the hobby, and am working on the Vulcan as a personal project. I am a fan of Cold War jets (my son is picking up similar interests and has his eye on the Swift already). Some of the aircraft I would love to see in 1/72 are:

• Javelin (seems popular),
  • Hunter (single seat),
  • Buccaneer (new tool and choice of Fleet Air Arm and RAF colour schemes, perhaps even with a rotating bomb bay and selection of weapons - especially Red Beard and WE177 bombs)
  • Canberra (Classic B2/6/15/16 version as no-one seems to be making these at the moment and the Eastern Express B(I)8 is weak on detailing.
  • A completely new Vulcan with bomb bay detail options for nuclear weapons, 21 thousand pounders and Blue Steel. The old kit (1983) has real fit issues and is lacking in detail so is overdue a retool.
  • Handley Page Victor (as above - Revell have just reissues their Tanker variant but I want to see a proper B1/B2 with weapon options including Blue Steel. Both of these in Flash White and Camouflage.
  • An early reissue of the beautiful Valiant kit for when I can afford to buy it and have a complete set of V-Bombers.
  • RAF/Fleet Air Arm Phantom (this looks like another popular option)
  • Jaguar - classic strike aircraft of the 70s with some intersting options available (French Naval version perhaps?)
  • Supermarine Scimitar
  • De Havilland Sea Vixen (and the other twin boomers)
  • TSR2 - preferably reworked as the undercarriage bay doors are very difficult to model closed (actually this is a common problem a the lackof a closed door piece makes fitting very tricky at times - I have had this trouble with a Sea Harrier, Tucano and the Vulcan as well as TSR2) - also the moving tail and elevators are only held by thin and fragile pins which makes them delicate - especially an issue when trying to get the tight fitting wings in .
  • Some of the experimental planes like the Fairey FD-2, Bristol 188,Short SC1 and fairey Rotodyne
  • Mirage III and IV
  • Tu-22M Backfire, Blackjack and maybe even a Bear
  • As a limited/club edition a Eurofighter/Spitfire RAF Syncho pair set (Typhoon in Green/Brown camo with silver station letters alongside a BBMF spitfire as the modern light grey schemes are rather dull)
  • My daughter likes Airliners - so maybe a Viscount, Britannia, VC-10, Trident, BAC 1-11 and some airbuses and a Dakota in 1/144.
  • Helis - not much around at the moment but Lynx and Wasp spring to mind.

Ships I would be interested in seeing (in the same scale throughout - not too concerned which)

• Leander Class
  • Type 21
  • Type 22 (Batch 1)
  • Type 42
  • County Class (60s-80s)
  • Ark Royal/Eagle - Jet refits
  • Centaur (60s) Hermes (1982)
  • Victorious (Jet refit)
  • Blake/Tiger Helicopter cruiser refits
  • Resolution and Vanguard Class Subs 
  • HMS Campania (1952)
  • HMS Narvik (50s)

That's quite a long wish list which builds on some lovely new toolings coming in (my son is working on the Lightning F2 at the moment which is another nice kit) but the old Airliner 1/144 models are long in the tooth, don't fit particularly well, lack detailing and are very basic for Series 4 (only 30 odd pieces and no interior detailing). The extra styrene can't cost that much to justify the price. These old toolings could be downgraded to series 2 as they are not great value at £15 (Dad special pleading here!).

It's good to be back. Keep up the good work

Paul - Classic Jet Fan

@Administrator

With the 2015 range revealed in December, were there any kits you were hoping for that didn’t get announced? What do you really want to see in the Airfix range, perhaps in 2016 or beyond?

John-black-army

@Administrator

We haven't had any classic ships since HMS Bounty. I'd love to see a nice British '74 such as HMS Brunswick from the Glorious 1st of June and a French Venguer Du Peuple for her to battle. On a different note, is there any chance of seeing the gorgeous new BP Defiant in 1/48 (or even 1/24)!!!!!!

John-black-army

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product