SWishlists - 2020

McDonnell Douglas / Boeing T-45 Goshawk; North American T-2 Buckeye; Airbus Military C-295; LTV A-7 Corsair II; Beechcraft C-45; Beechcraft C-12 Huron / Super King Air; Beechcraft Bonanza V-tail; Grumman HU-16 Albatross; Mitsubishi MU-2; ATR-72; a re-tooled Douglas A-26/B-26 Invader; Scottish Aviation Bulldog; Saab SF-340; Piper Cub; Cessna 172; Cessna Caravan; Cessna Skymaster/O-2; Saab 105; Fokker G.1; Fokker F VII 'Tri-motor'; Fokker 50; Hawker Siddeley 748Lockheed Martin F-35B; Lockheed Martin F-35C; DHC-2 Beaver; DHC-6 Twin Otter; Short Skyvan; Beechcraft Model 18; Piper Aztec; North American Bronco. All in scale 1/72

Building of small regional airports/-fields; airport accessories; airport personnel in scale 1/72.

BAe 146-200; Fokker 70 in scale 1/72 and/or 1/144. 

R-R Merlin in scale 1/48

In 1/72nd I'd like to see:-

Gloster Sea Gladiator, 

Bristol Beaufort

Spitfire Vb/c

Spitfire IX

(by the way an open cockpit option for all the Spitfires would be very welcome, there's all that very fine detail in the Spitfire I and you can't see it without surgery)

re-release (or even new tool) the Fiat G 50

By the way the only model of a Macchi 200 in 1/72 is a very old Revell kit, just thinking that there is a gap in the market, think of a Malta theme.....Sea Gladiator, Spitfire V's, Hurricane IIa with Akbour filter, Bf 109 f4 etc.

Bristol Beaufighter I

Mosquito new tool (bomber version too please)

New tool Bf 109 g6

Bf 109 g10

Ju 88 nightfighter

New tool Fairey Battle

P 47 Thunderbolt

New tool Dauntless

what about Luftwaffe ground crew and vehicles similar to the RAF and USAF kits?

Some new First World War aircraft kits would also be nice.

The non aircraft related wish list;-

Re-release the 1/32 Crusader tank.

1/32 Multipose 8th Army and Afrika Korps

I fact all of the Multipose range!

neil5208

1 post

I would like to see the following all in 1/72

F111 a/c/d/e

B1b Lancer

Vulcan B2

Hs129b2 R2/4

Saab Viggen

Sea Vixen

Lynx mk7 

A7 Corsair

I cant think of any recent  upto date relaeases by any maker of these aircraft

Old Grumpy

3 posts

As you asked...

I just love the large scale airplanes, and Airfix was the first (at least to me in my younger days few decades ago) that triggered this love - a superlarge Ju 87 Stuka in my local shop, impressively waiting at the top shelf - with an even more impressive price tag on it (beyond reach for an eight year old boy).

But it kept me yearning; in the meantime I bought several... and most of the other ones as well.

Yet, there might be some other planes looking fantastic at great scale:

I am crazy for a 1/24 Me 262 in whatever version, as the RAF now has a significant advantage here with the Typhoon and the Mosquito; another very interestiing thing would be a Boulton Paul Defiant in 1/24 (not really an Axis force plane, but a beauty anyway.

The Westland Lysander would also be a hefty piece of art (or work, I suppose). And the Vought F-4 U Corsair, the Hellcat would be great, a Wildcat, too-  and so on and so forth - you asked!

I am well aware of the costs for making the tools for a single one of these planes, and I am pretty sure that none of them will show up in the next couple of years or so - but it would be really, REALLY nice, you know?

And with these little motors for the props they do even better... so do not forget the motors. Please!

Patrick Camilleri

502 posts

Community Moderator

There's a 1:24 Hellcat in this years catalogue......so you can tick that one off!

Old Grumpy

3 posts

@Patrick Camilleri

There's a 1:24 Hellcat in this years catalogue......so you can tick that one off!

I know... I just wanted to be right once (shame on me).

Nonetheless it was a great idea, and one of these grumpy cats will be definitely sold in Germany.

Besides: A CA13 Boomerang would be a delightful model as well; small and nifty, so you could concentrate on the details. Generally spoke, I think single engine planes are much easier to realize and to sell; the Mosquito was superb, but really a big bird for this scale.

Patrick Camilleri

502 posts

Community Moderator

Generally spoke, I think single engine planes are much easier to realize and sell.

Ah..... but just think how lovely a DH Comet Racer would be to 1:24.  I suppose there's no chance of that happening before the planet warms up!

Old Grumpy

3 posts

@Patrick Camilleri

Generally spoke, I think single engine planes are much easier to realize and sell.

Ah..... but just think how lovely a DH Comet Racer would be to 1:24.  I suppose there's no chance of that happening before the planet warms up!

Well... yes. That would be a neat treat for us hardcore fans.

And I had dreams about a Petlyakov Pe 2 or a Me 110 (after they made the Mossie, I thought: now everything is possible, even the supercrazy BV 141 in 1/24!). The major question behind this is: whom to sell these kits to. The Mossie is well-known throughout the world, and not only few modellers could be targeted; as with all the other 1/24 warbirds.

Here we go: war planes. Wide variety, drawing attention like almost nothing else. Imagine a Cessna or Piper of any kind in 1/24... who should buy this? Not me, that´s for sure.

Even with military planes, most of the other types are so very specialiced, that the prospects of salesrates might be too slim. I know, profits, profits, unfortunately that´s what the world is about today - if there is a different tomorrow... funny idea, but I don´t think so.

So, Hornby needs to make money. Okay. I am glad they came up with the F6, so there is progress, not to forget the Typhoons.

Paws4thot

1177 posts

How about a Griffin Spitfire in 1/24? Personally I'd like an mk22/24, ideally with City of Glasgow squadron markings (painted high speed silver, not bare metal).

Though I fly through the shadow of the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 65_000 feet and climbing.

Ratch

2540 posts

Community Moderator

Owner of the Airfix Tribute Forum https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/index.php

Please create an account or login to reply.

Forum Rules

• The Airfix Forum is intended for discussion of plastic scale modelling. Primarily a place for newcomers to ask questions and seek assistance from like-minded individuals, the Airfix Forum offers users the chance to join an active and friendly community.
  • Discussion of other plastic model kit manufacturers is allowed, however, active promotion or advertising of our competitors is not permitted.
  • Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).
  • While every effort is made to contact you before any censorship, we reserve the right to amend or remove any content without explanation.
  • All customer service enquiries should be directed to Airfix Customer Services.

Useful Links

Forum Guidelines

Membership Restricted Product