Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Few aircraft in the history of aerial warfare can boast the impact and combat credentials of the Grumman F6F Hellcat, one of the finest fighting machines ever to take to the skies. A product of the already successful Grumman ‘Ironworks’, the company’s design philosophy was only to produce aircraft which were easy to manufacture and maintain and must be reliable in a combat situation. Importantly, it must be an effective combat aircraft and able to be mastered by the average wartime pilot following a standard conversion period. This no nonsense approach ensured that the Hellcat was ready to fight and available in some numbers when they eventually reached US Navy units in 1943.
• Over 600 parts
• Can be built with wings open or folded
• Includes full cockpit detail with open or closed canopy options
• Complete fully detailed radial engine, engine mount and all ancillaries
• Separate engine cowling and forward fuselage panels
• Detailed undercarriage, undercarriage bays and arrestor hook with options to build with wheels up or down
• Fully detailed gun bays with complete machine guns and ammunition trays
• Can be built with closed or extended landing flaps
• Poseable control surfaces and trim tabs
• Realistic surface detailing showing rivets, fasteners and rippled ‘stressed skin’
• Drop tanks (2 types), 250Ib and 500Ib bombs and rockets all included
• Includes a choice of four decal schemes
Grumman Martlet Mk.IV and Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat are trademarks of Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
The aviation credentials of the Grumman Hellcat are without equal and mark this rugged naval fighter as one of the most effective combat aircraft in the history of flight. The perfect combination of speed, firepower and durability, the Hellcat was the right aircraft at the right time, ruling the skies over the Pacific Theatre and becoming the mount of aces. Boasting a combat success ratio of 19 to 1, the Hellcat proved to be the scourge of Japan’s air forces.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||572|
|Dimensions (mm)||L424 x W 543 x H139|