North American B-25C/D Mitchell 1:72
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The role of medium bomber proved to be one of the most crucial during the Second World War and after something of a challenging service introduction, the North American B-25 Mitchell developed into a highly successful aircraft. Seeing service in every theatre of operation, the B-25 was the most versatile aircraft of its type, fulfilling a multitude of tactical roles in many different operating environments.
Arguably, the most famous action involving the North American B-25 Mitchell came just after 8am on 18th April 1942, when sixteen of the bombers lifted off the relatively short deck of USS Hornet and set course for Japan. Intended as a strike at the heart of the Japanese Empire who had infamously attacked the US Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, this audacious and heroic raid illustrated the resolve of the American people and the determination of their military forces to strive for victory.
The early B-25B aircraft used on the Doolittle Raid performed well, but were already in the process of being upgraded. The later C/D model (different letters were used to denote the manufacturer) proved to be the definitive version of this extremely effective medium bomber and was the first truly mass produced version of the aircraft. An extremely rugged and versatile aircraft, the Mitchell saw service as an anti-submarine patrol aircraft off the coast of Florida and as a strike bomber in the deserts of North Africa, proving successful at both. Some of the later versions of the B-25 became the most heavily armed aircraft of the war, with no less than 18 machine guns and an array of other offensive weaponry. With a solid nose housing 8 heavy guns, these aircraft were lethal gunships, capable of destroying anything in its line of fire.
Produced under licensed. Boeing, Douglas, McDonnell Douglas, North American Aviation, A-4 Skyhawk, AH-64, Apache Longbow, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, DC-3, F-4 Phantom, P-51 Mustang their distinctive logos, product markings, and trade dress are all trademarks of The Boeing Company.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||166|
|Dimensions (mm)||L224 x 286|
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme.