RAF Centenary Gift Set
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
The Airfix RAF Centenary Gift Set - marking 100 glorious years of the Royal Air Force.
Gift Set Includes:
- Sopwith Camel 2F.1
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Ia
- Eurofighter Typhoon F.Mk.2
- 12 Acrylic Paints
- 2 Brushes
- 2 Poly Cement
On 1st April 1918, the amalgamation of the Royal Naval Air Service and the Royal Flying Corps into a single air fighting force saw the birth of the Royal Air Force and with it, the establishment of the world’s first independent air arm. Over the course of its illustrious history, perhaps no other aircraft type has represented the strength and capability of a modern RAF more effectively than the fighter, defending Britain from attack, whilst also captivating the imagination of the general public.
Flown by heroes and carrying the pride of a grateful nation into the air with them, these aircraft are often regarded as the most exciting machines created by man and during the past 100 years, the Royal Air Force has been equipped with some of the most capable fighting aeroplanes the world has ever seen. The Sopwith Camel was without doubt one of the first great fighter aircraft the world had seen and was responsible for shooting down more enemy aircraft than any other type during WWI, despite its relatively late entry into combat. Possessing speed, firepower and manoeuvrability, in the hands of an experienced pilot, the Camel was a formidable opponent and became the mount of many successful RAF aces.
Arguably the most famous aircraft to ever wear the roundel of the Royal Air Force, the Supermarine Spitfire is surely the epitome of fighter aircraft design, with its sleek profile and distinctive elliptical wings making it a particularly beautiful aeroplane to look at. Beneath this aesthetically appealing exterior lay a ruthlessly effective fighting machine that proved decisive during the Battle of Britain and saw constant development throughout WWII, with over 20,000 aircraft eventually produced.
The Spitfire equivalent of today’s Royal Air Force is the spectacular Eurofighter Typhoon, one of the world’s most capable fighter aircraft, which possesses all the attributes that made both the Camel and Spitfire so successful in combat. As the most effective air defence fighter to ever serve with the RAF, the Typhoon is destined to be protecting Britain’s skies for many years to come and will hope to earn a reputation as distinguished as those of its famous fighting forebears.
The RAF name and logo are trademarks of the UK Secretary of State for Defence and used under licence.
The Hawk family of aircraft are designed and manufactured by BAE Systems. BAE SYSTEMS is a registered trade mark of BAE Systems plc.
WARNING! For children over 8 years of age only. For use under adult supervision . Poly Cement Adhesive. Product contains butyl acetate which may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual container or insert carefully. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION! Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference. Unassembled, plastic model kit. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts, contains functional sharp edges and/or points. The packaging for them includes a plastic bag. To avoid danger of suffocation keep all plastic bags away from babies and small children. The contents of this set are of mixed origin. Colours and contents may vary from those illustrated. Contains preservatives: Mixture, containing 5-Chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1). Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail