Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X (Late) 1:72
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Originally entering RAF service as a heavy fighter/night fighter in August 1940, the Bristol Beaufighter proved to be an extremely versatile aircraft. Perhaps best known as a Coastal Command strike aircraft, Beaufighters were capable of launching savage attacks against all manner of Axis shipping targets.
Although still a Mk. X version of the Bristol Beaufighter, the later production aircraft of this series included a number of improvements and alterations which gave the aircraft a very different appearance. The most distinctive of these was the addition of a large dorsal fin fillet, which greatly increased the directional stability of the aircraft. There was also a ‘thimble’ nose A.1 Mk.VIII radar, which gave the aircraft much enhanced target acquisition capabilities.
Other improvements associated with the later Mk.X version of the Beaufighter included new rocket rails, which carried the projectiles in two banks of two, one rocket above the other and increased the accuracy of rocket attacks. There was also an additional 200-gallon drop tank, a new tail wheel suspension system and large spinners on the propeller hubs. A re-positioning of the gun camera to a new position high on the fuselage, just behind the cockpit canopy was the final improvement which visually altered the appearance of the late mark Beaufighter X strike aircraft.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||151|
|Dimensions (mm)||L176 x W246|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme.