Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero 1:72
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
When the Japanese Zero first entered service in 1940, it was without doubt the most advanced naval fighter in the world and quickly earned a reputation as a ruthless dogfighter. In early engagements, the Zero proved so effective that pilots were able to post an almost unbelievable victory ratio of 12 to 1 against their adversaries.
As the Wehrmacht began its march across Europe in 1940, little attention was being given to developments in the Far East. Following years of re-arming and upgrading, the Japanese Navy could boast some of the most advanced naval aircraft in the world within its inventory, including the superb Mitsubishi A6M Zero. This long range Naval fighter would be at the forefront of Japan’s expansionist ambitions throughout WWII and in the early war years, proved to be unequalled in the Pacific region.
Possessing exceptional manoeuvrability, the Zero quickly earned a reputation as a dogfighter and Allied pilots quickly learned to avoid a slow, turning fight with this beautifully balanced aircraft. As the fighter aircraft to beat in the Pacific, American pilots soon developed tactics that avoided playing into the hands of the Zero and began to score victories. As newer fighters began to enter service, the A6M Zero began to show its weaknesses, which were a lack of armour protection for the pilot and no self-sealing fuel tanks in the wing. Using their ‘boom and zoom’ hit and run tactics, the Americans finally began to get the measure of the feared Zero.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 36 months. Choking Hazard, contains small parts. Please retain these details for future reference.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||47|
|Dimensions (mm)||L126 x W166|
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme.