Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c Scout 1:72
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Designed specifically to allow aircrews to effectively secure vital reconnaissance imagery from above the battlefields of the Western Front, the Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c Scout was an aircraft with very few vices. Easy to fly and extremely stable in the air, the aircraft allowed Allied military planners to obtain clear and detailed photographs of enemy positions and troop concentrations.
Military planners were quick to see the potential of the aeroplane in providing them with the latest information from above the trenches on the Western Front. Observation balloons had provided the impetus, but quickly proved unsuitable for a number of reasons. The aeroplane, however, allowed reconnaissance aircrews the ability to observe any area of strategic interest and bring back the very latest intelligence information.
Designed specifically to allow aircrews to commit their full attention to their reconnaissance duties, the Royal Aircraft Factory proved to be an exceptionally stable aeroplane, with an extremely low accident rate and ideally suited to the role of observation scout. As aerial warfare developed over the Western Front, the attributes that made the BE2c such an able reconnaissance platform were to also make it easy pickings for the latest German fighters.
WARNING Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Although usually disregarded as nothing more than Fokker Fodder, the BE2c Scout was extremely capable in the role for which it was designed and was such a stable aeroplane that it could almost fly itself. An exceptional reconnaissance platform, it also performed well as a trainer, light bomber and improvised nightfighter. The distinctive scheme adopted by this aircraft made it highly visible both from the ground and in the air, which was vitally important when training inexperienced crews.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||54|
|Dimensions (mm)||L115 x W156|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme.