c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $75
$8.00 for all orders under $75.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Designed by Professor Willy Messerschmitt, a director of the manufacturers Bayerische Flugzeuwerke AG, the prototype Bf109A first flew in 1935. The first major production variant, the Bf109E, was introduced into Luftwaffe service in December 1938. The E model was more powerful, better armed and armoured and by the summer of 1940, over 500 were in service for the offensive against Great Britain. By this time, the 109E had already proved to be a competent, if not the world’s best, fighter aircrafts in the skies above Poland, France and the Low Countries. The 109E became a symbol of the Luftwaffe over England during the Battle of Britain and along with the Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane, it became one of the most famous fighter aircraft of all time. In the skies over Southern England in 1940, the 109E first had its shortcomings exposed. Its range was limited, with endurance over London being just five minutes. It was also unable to turn with either the Spitfire or the Hurricane, although its cannon armament was superior. It later served on the Eastern Front as well as over the Western Desert.
WARNING! Not suitable for children under 36 months. It contains small parts which can present a choking hazard. Please retain these details and the address for future reference. CAUTION! Please remove all packaging before giving the toy to a child.
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||146|
|Dimensions (mm)||L360 x W411|
Paintwork & Finish
Humbrol Enamel paints for the kit's primary decal scheme.