Please note that this item can only be delivered to US addresses
A nation of both breath-taking scenery and ancient culture, Afghanistan has in recent years also been a land torn apart by religious and political conflict. After the end of the Russian invasion in the late 1980s, the country was then ravaged by civil war, with the ultra-hardline Taliban taking control over the majority of the country. Following the terrorist attacks in 2001, the World's attention focused on Afghanistan as it emerged that the Taliban was a supporter of terrorist groups.
This resulted in a US-led effort to rid Afghanistan of the Taliban and instead, allow its population to vote for their own goverment and live in religious tolerance, without fear of violence and intimidation. British troops have been involved in this effort since 2001, under the codename Operation Herrick since 2002. As of 2012, this operation continues with much progress made. The British Army continues to operate as part of the NATO International Security Assistance Force with a majority of the forces in the south of the country, around Helmand Province.
The British Army in Helmand Province are very well equipped for the challenges this famous volatyile province presents. Using their years of experience and vehicles such as Jackals, Lynx Helicopters and Mastiff Armoured Vehicles, the British Army aims not only to quell the Taliban insurgency that is still active in Helmand, but also provide assistance and training to the Afghan Army, in hope they will soon take over security for the nation themselves.
The use of combined arms, troops with armour, artillery and helicopters, is an important feature of Allied operations in Afghanistan and is well represented in this set, with various aspects of the British contribution to the force included.
Paint Scheme - Westland Lynx AH-7: Army Air Corps, Afghanistan, 2006; British Army Soldiers, Afghanistan 2001 - 2010.
- 12 x Acrylic Paints
- 2 x Brushes
- 1 x Poly Cement
- British Army Soldiers (Eight Figures) - Pieces 61
- Westland Lynx AH-7: L316 x W265 - Pieces 233
Airfix Gift Sets are ideal for more advanced modellers and include glue, acrylic paints and brushes
Warning! For children over 8 years of age only. For use under adult supervision. Poly Cement Adhesive. Product contains Butyl acetate which may be harmful if misused . Read cautions on individual container or insert carefully. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN CAUTION! Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference. Unassembled, plastic model kit. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts, contains functional sharp edges and/or points. The packaging for this item includes a plastic bag. To avoid danger of suffocation keep all plastic bags away from babies and small children. The contents of this set are of mixed origin. Colours and contents may vary from those illustrated. Contains preservatives: Mixture , containing 5-Chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1). Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||294|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.