FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
Please note that this item can only be delivered to US addresses
The RAF Benevolent Fund continues to do an outstanding job of supporting and providing assistance to the extended RAF family when they are in need and to support the morale and well-being of RAF personnel past and present.
Alongside these huge undertakings the RAFBF is also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the RAF Memorial and the new Bomber Command Memorial in London, which we hope to support with this Bomber Command gift set.
To find out more about the work of the RAFBF please click here to visit their website.
Paint Scheme - Lancaster BI and Bomber Re-Supply Set, Bomber Command RAF WWII.
In the time between the British Expeditionary Force evacuation from Dunkirk in 1940 and the successful Allied landings in Normandy in June 1944, the only way that the Allied powers could take the fight to the Germans in occupied Europe was to use the heavy bombers of the RAF and USAAF. For the RAF this meant nocturnal raids over the heavily defended cities of Germany. This was a momentous task, with large numbers of men and equipment involved in each operation.
The maintenance, refuelling and rearming of each machine was a long process and one that taxed the often forgotten but vitally important ground crews to the limit. Some helped to raise morale by adorning the bombs with cartoons and special messages, as seen on the 4,000lb bomb here. These men and the brave aircrews who operated over the continent by night and day, are now remembered by the Bomber Command Memorial in London.
- Avro Lancaster BI, L294mm x W432mm
- Bedford MWC / MWD
- David Brown Tractor
- Standard Light Utility Vehicle 'Tilly'
- Oil Bowser
- Maintenance Tower
- Bombs and Bomb Trolleys
- 12 Acrylic Paints
- 2 Brushes
- 2 Poly Cement
WARNING! For children over 8 years of age only. For use under adult supervision . Poly Cement Adhesive. Product contains butyl acetate which may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual container or insert carefully. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION! Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference. Unassembled, plastic model kit. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts, contains functional sharp edges and/or points. The packaging for them includes a plastic bag. To avoid danger of suffocation keep all plastic bags away from babies and small children. The contents of this set are of mixed origin. Colours and contents may vary from those illustrated. Contains preservatives: Mixture, containing 5-Chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1) & 2 phenoxyethanol. Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||433|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.