Please note that this item can only be delivered to US addresses
Designed in the late 1930s, the Beetle was the original "Volkswagen" or "people's car". The fairly cheap, reliable small car sold well, outstripping original estimates. In 1972, the iconic Volkswagen Beetle became the "production world champion", bypassing the Ford T model, which was until that year, the most produced car. The most produced Volkswagen model is now the Golf.
The Beetle is today a cult classic, its place in automotive history assured not just through its longevity and high production numbers, but also its celebrity status afforded by film appearances and use as an art installation.
Paint Scheme - VW Beetle
Airfix Starter Sets are ideal for beginners. Large Starter Sets are perfect for gifts or to build yourself once you have mastered the basics. Each Large Starter Set includes glue, two brushes and six acrylic paints.
WARNING! For children over 8 years of age only. For use under adult supervision . Poly Cement Adhesive. Product contains butyl acetate which may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual container or insert carefully. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. CAUTION! Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference. Unassembled, plastic model kit. Not suitable for children under 36 months due to small parts, contains functional sharp edges and/or points. The packaging for them includes a plastic bag. To avoid danger of suffocation keep all plastic bags away from babies and small children. The contents of this set are of mixed origin. Colours and contents may vary from those illustrated. Contains preservatives: Mixture, containing 5-Chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1) & 2 phenoxyethanol. Retain these details and the address for future reference.
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Number of Parts||53|
|Dimensions (mm)||L130 x W50|
Product Questions & Answers Sign in or register to ask a question
Do you have a question about this product that other customers may be able to answer? Simply log in to the website and ask - other customers can then offer their help and answers.
Questions submitted should be aimed at other collectors, especially those that have previously purchased the model. The Q&A feature is not designed for contacting Customer Care or addressing Hornby Hobbies directly. If you do have a question for us, please do still contact us but use the Contact Us page instead.
Submissions that violate these rules (and the Guidelines) will be declined.
Please read the questions & answers guidelines before asking or answering a question.
- Once submitted, questions and answers should appear on the website within 72 hours, however, we will endeavour to approve both questions and answers as soon as possible.
- Please keep questions relevant and related to the product you’re asking it on. General questions can be asked on our Forum or sent straight to Customer Services
- Remember to keep questions and answers short and concise. Longer questions and answers are less likely to be read.
- Be sure to vote on answers you find either helpful or unhelpful. These votes are vital to getting the most helpful answers to other collectors.
- Please refrain from asking questions involving other manufacturers. For example, asking if something is better or worse than a competitor’s product is not permitted.
- Do not include personal information (email addresses or telephone numbers) in any question or answer.
- Any questions or answers that contain profanities, distasteful language or promotional material will not be approved. This also applies to Nicknames.
Ask A Question
Answer This Question
good overall but...
an overall nice simple model ideal for any beginner with no real challenging detail. however it is an old kit which requires a file nearby. but worth the money to add one more to the collection.
Sorry, you can not vote for this review. Please log in