One Step for Man... 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Landing 1:72
c Available to Pre-order now Don't miss out! Pre-order today and be amongst the first to receive this item.Pre-order FAQ's
- What is a Pre-Order? It is possible to secure some items before they come into stock by pre-ordering on the website. This is especially useful when a product is anticipated to be popular, and could sell out in a short time once released.
- When will my Pre-Order arrive? The product listing gives an estimated arrival time for the product. We will contact you by email if this changes significantly. When stock arrives, pre-orders are despatched in the order that they were placed. You can keep track of your pre-orders by logging into My Orders.
- When will I be charged? Your card will only be charged once your pre-order has been despatched.
- Are my card details safe? Yes – we use an external, secure payment system, Braintree (part of PayPal) to store and handle your card details.
- Can I cancel my Pre-Order? Yes – you can cancel a pre-order before it has been despatched. Log into My Orders, or contact our Customer Care team with your pre-order number on 1.877.358.6405 or CustomerSupport@hornby.us
- Can I pay by PayPal for a Pre-Order? At present pre-orders can only be made using a credit or debit card.
- How many items can I Pre-Order? There is no limit to the number of pre-orders that you can place. However, for some products there may be a limit on the number of units that can be pre-ordered. This will be clearly marked on the product listing.
- Why is more than one delivery charge showing in my basket? Pre-order items will be despatched as soon as they come into stock. If you have different pre-order items in your basket, or a mixture of pre-order and in stock items these will each show a separate delivery charge if applicable.
- What happens if my registered card expires before my item comes into stock? If your card expires, we will send you an email asking you to log into your account and update your card details.
- What if I decide to pay with a different card after I place my Pre-Order? You can change the registered card for each pre-order by visiting My Orders.
- Will you definitely have the stock to fulfil my Pre-Order? Yes – unlike some websites, which take Pre-Orders without securing stock in advance, we guarantee that we have secured stock levels for our Pre-Orders. In the unlikely event that we cannot honour your Pre-Order (except when a product is completely withdrawn before release) we will give you a $10 gift voucher to spend on the Hornby website.
- Can I make a Pre-Order by post or telephone? At this time we can only take pre-orders via the website.
- Can I use a Club or discount code on Pre-Orders? Yes you can.
FREE delivery when you spend over $50
$4.00 for all orders under $50.00
We ship via USPS, UPS and FedEx depending on parcel contents
July 21st 1969 Man takes first steps on the Moon American Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the Moon. The astronaut stepped onto the Moon's surface, in the Sea of Tranquillity, at 02.56 GMT, nearly 20 minutes after first opening the hatch on the Eagle landing craft. Armstrong had earlier reported the lunar module had landed safely at 20.17 GMT the day before, with the words: "Houston; Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed".
As he put his left foot down first, he made the iconic announcement "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind", which he said came to him without planning it ahead! He then went on to describe the surface as being like powdered charcoal and the landing craft only left a small indentation on the surface. The historic moments were captured on television cameras attached to the Eagle and were switched on by Armstrong himself. He spent the first few minutes on the surface taking photographs and soil samples in case the mission had to aborted suddenly. He was joined by his colleague Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin at 03.15 GMT and the two collected data and performed various exercises - including jumping across the Moon landscape - before planting the Stars and Stripes American flag at 03.41 GMT.
They also unveiled a plaque bearing President Nixon's signature and an inscription reading: "Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon July 1969 AD. We came in peace for all mankind". Subsequent missions brought more advanced equipment and the gift set gives the opportunity to model a number of those up to the last - Apollo 17 in December 1972.
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
Prop 65 Warning
WARNING: Cancer & Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
California Proposition 65
Colour and contents of products may vary from those illustrated
Technical Specification & Detail
|Dimensions (mm)||L348 x W247|